Tuesday, September 6, 2016

I did some things...

In an attempt to be hip and current and all those things I am supposed to try to be now that I am almost forty, I decided to revamp the ol' blog.

I am such a dinosaur that I was still using an original Blogger template from before they did a huge update a few years ago. The one where you have to actually select the option to use the old code.

Yep, that's me.

Voluntarily staying in the dark ages.

I had a decorative template from another website that I'd used for basically the entire 7 1/2 years I've been blogging. It was more "me" 7 years ago. I guess.

I don't know.

I've been meaning to do this for a long time but computers and html scare me.

(go ahead. laugh.)

I sucked it up and did it yesterday. I even managed to find the chunk of design code that was buried in the html for the ancient expired template and removed it.

I didn't even throw the computer or cry.

This is huge.

This newer, shinier version of me...well, it seems more "me". The header especially seems like a better fit.


I picked the photographs I did for reasons specific to each one. All of my kids are represented at least once. I'm there. My husband is there. It's gritty and imperfect on purpose.

Kinda like me.

I hope that you find the new design and layout easier to navigate. If you have any feedback for me, please share in the comments. Thanks!!!

2 comments:

  1. I just want to chime in because I Highly doubt your the only one 'afraid' of HTML so feel good you did great! I used to play with code now I let the apps do all the work.

    ReplyDelete

Some of My Most Popular Posts