Monday, September 12, 2016

I chortled when I read this piece about feminism and dating....

I am sick. Not like super sick or anything, just dealing with some bizarre virus that mostly involves body aches and horrendous swings in temperature.

Consequently, I didn't do much this past weekend aside from read things online.

One of them made me laugh out loud. Heartily.

HEARTILY.

I laughed because it was so completely fucking ridiculous.

I laughed because I have known men like the writer, both in real life and (abundantly) online. There are so very many men out there who honestly feel this way about women. I know, I know, I know, #notallmen.

Eyeroll.

What was so funny, you might ask?

Oh, just a piece written by a very single man, proclaiming all the reasons he won't date a feminist.

Uh huh.

Yeah, that list is missing the primary reason - you won't date them because they won't fucking date you and that's how dating works - you don't just get to decide, the other person also gets to have a say in the matter. ;)

By the by, I'm not linking to his preposterous article because the absolute last thing I want is for him to have his ego stroked by seeing those page views tick up, even if I'd just be sending people there to laugh. If you really feel inclined to read this piece of unintentional sarcasm, by all means go ahead...but I'm not here to contribute to this idea that he's making some kind of valid point.

The internet is your "man hating" oyster, so to say.

Feminism isn't a dirty four letter word. It's a movement designed to push for equality in how men and women are treated in all facets of our society.

What is so threatening about equality?

I mean, aside from the idea that he wouldn't be able to handpick a potential dating partner with some kind of ideological screening tool about whether she might believe that men and women should be equal in general, let alone in any type of relationship setting...because clearly he's the big strong man who needs to rule over her.

Uh huh.

Except he's alone.

Hey...hey, buddy.

How's that working out for ya? The women knocking down your door yet? No? Huh. Imagine that.

Good luck, man. My tiny little woman brain thinks you're going to need all the luck you can muster.

Oh, and just for the record...I love men, but only the men who aren't threatened by my intelligence, my sarcasm, my wit and my uterus.

*skips away*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts