Day 4 of this writing challenge. Here's the list: The Writer Circle's 30 day writing challenge.
Anyone who knows me well enough knows that I detest numbered lists, so there's that. Maybe that's the first interesting fact about me. Heh. See what I just did right there?
I guess we'll start with #2 then, since I'm claiming that one for my first answer.
2. I nearly died of food poisoning as an infant.
3. That might be why I have so many weird food quirks, like the need to smell everything before I eat it.
4. I can juggle.
5. I cannot whistle.
6. I was named after a character on a television show.
7. I was a curator in a science museum in junior high school.
8. I was kicked out of Catholic school in 4th grade.
9. My allergies are so bad that I lose my sense of smell for months at a time.
10. I was on a television quiz show in elementary school and now read quizzes to bars full of drunk people because it's the circle of life.
Your turn. What are 10 interesting things about you?
Some of My Most Popular Posts
My one year old has recently developed fairly severe eczema, maybe even worse than his older sister had at his age. This is the worst part o...
I feel like I've already written about this giraffe, and I know for certain that I have been periodically checking in on her for about a...
My husband stayed home from work yesterday. Over the weekend, he'd fallen up in the mountains, going and hurting himself in the process....
Philip Seymour Hoffman died yesterday. He was found with a needle still wedged into his arm, heroin believed to be the culprit. When I h...
The past week has been a difficult one for me and for so many of the people I love. I won't go rehashing what happened, mostly because i...
The following is a post I wrote on Saturday morning. I was sitting in a college classroom on the other side of the state, there for Science...
The internet is quite literally full of articles about the right way and the wrong way to be a feminist right now, especially after this wee...
Not really, of course. He's been dead over three years now. He was there though, on Friday, in the unlikeliest of places. Mi...
I wrote a post on Facebook yesterday, lamenting the fact that one of the theories I'd held fast to throughout my tenure as a parent was ...
I was standing in the hallway tonight, urging my toddler to fall asleep in his bed, awaiting his recurrent footsteps towards doorway when so...