Day 4 of this writing challenge. Here's the list: The Writer Circle's 30 day writing challenge.
Anyone who knows me well enough knows that I detest numbered lists, so there's that. Maybe that's the first interesting fact about me. Heh. See what I just did right there?
I guess we'll start with #2 then, since I'm claiming that one for my first answer.
2. I nearly died of food poisoning as an infant.
3. That might be why I have so many weird food quirks, like the need to smell everything before I eat it.
4. I can juggle.
5. I cannot whistle.
6. I was named after a character on a television show.
7. I was a curator in a science museum in junior high school.
8. I was kicked out of Catholic school in 4th grade.
9. My allergies are so bad that I lose my sense of smell for months at a time.
10. I was on a television quiz show in elementary school and now read quizzes to bars full of drunk people because it's the circle of life.
Your turn. What are 10 interesting things about you?
Some of My Most Popular Posts
Philip Seymour Hoffman died yesterday. He was found with a needle still wedged into his arm, heroin believed to be the culprit. When I h...
I haven't written this yet, but it's not officially your birthday yet, right? You weren't born until the afternoon, so technical...
I warned a friend months ago that I felt like 2017 would be the year I start biting people. Months ago. I haven't actually bitten an...
The internet is quite literally full of articles about the right way and the wrong way to be a feminist right now, especially after this wee...
The following is a post I wrote on Saturday morning. I was sitting in a college classroom on the other side of the state, there for Science...
I was standing in the hallway tonight, urging my toddler to fall asleep in his bed, awaiting his recurrent footsteps towards doorway when so...
This is my eighth annual Christmas list. Which is crazy. There's simply no way I have been doing this for that long. If you're so in...
It's so weird how cyclical I am. It's as though the individual cells in my body can anticipate things before my brain starts to figu...
FOR THE LOVE PEOPLE. I haven't written one of these in a while, so brace yourselves. It's Not About The Emails... I was a Be...
I have anxiety issues. I've had them for as long as I can remember. From the time I was a wee babe, I worried about everything. All th...