Monday, June 29, 2015

5th Annual 30 Day Photo Challenge ~ Day 30 ~ Beauty

I had a few other subjects in mind for this one, and had no intention of sharing the picture I am sharing for today at any point in the challenge until this morning.

There is so much beauty around us in the world, even in the worst of times.

One of the places I've learned to see beauty in recent years is in the mirror. It's not been an easy journey, and I've spent the majority of my life beating myself up in my head. I wasn't blonde enough. I wasn't thin enough. My skin wasn't clear enough. My hair wasn't curly. I wasn't enough.

Then there came a time when I knew I wasn't enough.

A long time.

I was in a bad place.

Thankfully, I dragged myself out of that hole.

I'm still not blonde or thin. My hair still won't hold a curl no matter what I do to it. My skin has worked out some deal with the devil where I get to have acne and wrinkles, so I've given up any hope of ever having nice skin.

But I've made my peace with it, all of it. I've learned to embrace who I am in this moment in time, forgive myself for the things I'm not great at and love myself anyway.

It took a long time to get here, but I'm finally comfortable in my own entirely flawed body.

And, dare I say it?

I think that's beautiful.


1 comment:

Some of My Most Popular Posts