Wednesday, June 3, 2015

5th Annual 30 Day Photo Challenge ~ Day 4 ~ Macro

Macro is always one of my personal favorite days in the challenge because it requires everyone participating to be a little more deliberate about the pictures they take. Macro photography requires skill, patience, and an eye for what will look good up close.

And then closer.

In an ideal world, you'd take macro shots with a good camera that has a lens specifically for these pictures. Most of us don't have that.

I do have a DSLR, but have opted, on purpose, for the past few years to take all my pictures in these challenges with the camera on my phone to prove to people that it's entirely possible to take good pictures with just about any camera.

Macro shots aren't just tight shots, they aren't zoomed in. They are pictures that focus on the fine details of something, the things that we don't ordinarily see with our eyes. They show us the things we can't usually see.

The picture I am sharing this year for macro is of one of my baby beads. I am a doula. On the rear view mirror of my car hangs a necklace, and each bead on the necklace belongs to one of the babies I've helped enter this world. They all have a beautiful and unique story, they all have a special place in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts