Thursday, March 26, 2015

Be The Change - A Guest Post by Kimmie Arnold

Every so often, I ask if there is anyone who would like to submit something here as a guest post. The following piece came from a fan and friend named Kimmie Arnold. She is passionate about this topic and I'm pretty sure that she would shout it from the rooftops if she could. 

In a message she sent me, she said this: My goal, my mission and my hope is to help be the change this world we live in needs.

She has a Facebook Page called Kimmie's Krochet Shop and plans to soon begin selling crocheted friendship bracelets to go along with her goal. Please check her out!




After plenty of observation on social media, news outlets and everyday life...I have come to the following conclusions:

1. There are a lot of really negative people in this world. 

Someone posts a cute or funny picture or video of their child or animal and I can guarantee that there will be numerous people who will in some way shape or form make a negative remark about how said parent/owner is abusing, neglecting or torturing their child/animal. Seriously, some people need to get a sense of humor. I think goodwill sells them...

2. Parenting a child of any age is difficult, trying, emotional and scary.

Babies do not come with owner's manuals and most of us are learning as we go. Offering advice when asked is AWESOME, it really does take a village to raise the future generation, but I've seen so many people be attacked for their parenting techniques it's INSANE. People need to learn to stop jumping to conclusions and judging other parents. People need to quit being so damn harsh.

No one is perfect, we will all make mistakes and not one person or child is living the same story as the next. We all struggle in some way whether it's emotionally, mentally or physically. Each and every person is one of a kind. Rather than judging the parent with the screaming child in the store try to understand them, help them or maybe even pray for them.

Seriously friends, I challenge you all to be the change this world needs. I challenge you to be more supportive and understanding of strangers you see in the store, at the park or any where else. Our society needs a HUGE make over and that can only happen if people are willing to stand up and make a difference! 

BE THE CHANGE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts