Thursday, January 22, 2015

A Four Minute Lifetime

Heh. This should be interesting.

I've been intrigued by this article published recently about how there appear to be a set of questions, that when asked to someone else, can make someone fall in love with you.

I decided to go through the questions on my Facebook page, and you can see some of the answers if you head on over there. One of them requires a person to tell the other (presumably a stranger, or at least someone you aren't currently romantically involved with) person as much as you can about your life story in four minutes.

Since the online platform isn't conducive to speaking directly to people (and lord knows I'm not making a video right now), I figured this was the best way to do it.



So. My life story. In four minutes.

I was born in Southern California in 1977, exactly 11 months after my parents were married, on my due date. I was named after Jaclyn Smith's character on Charlie's Angels. My brother arrived the following year. We had a dog named Starsky and a cat named Hutch because clearly my parents liked to watch a lot of TV. 

My room was painted Kelly green and my favorite toy was Kermit the Frog. I dressed him up like a baby and refused to play with dolls like a normal kid. I was reading at 2 years old and skipped first grade. They wanted me to advance faster but my parents refused because they wanted me to be normal (insert maniacal laughter here).

I got kicked out of Catholic school in the fourth grade and went to a school for gifted and talented kids after that. I was marginally less bored, but only got more awkward. I loathed junior high school until I found a group of friends that accepted me. I screwed that up, then mostly hated high school until I met the guy who would become my husband someday in driver's ed class in 10th grade.

We went to different colleges in different cities but managed to stay together and got married right after graduation. I finished law school even though I should have dropped out after he was diagnosed with cancer and I lost the first baby because my priorities had been irreversibly changed. I have a mountain (literally) of debt that I will probably carry to my grave as a result. My worst decision ever was staying in school.

My son was born three days after I graduated from law school and I'm out of time.

HEY! I got pretty far and probably told you some things you didn't know. And I type fast...lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts