Friday, March 28, 2014

3 Movies

Why couldn't it be 10 movies and 3 secrets? That would be a whole lot easier. Hmmm.


1. Grosse Pointe Blank. So many things about this movie make it one of my all time favorites. It is one of the only movies that I will drop everything and watch whenever I come across it scanning channels, and I fully admit to seeking it out fairly regularly. It has some of the best one-liners in our generation, and once I was old enough to attend my 10 year reunion (which was 10 years ago now...shhhh), I appreciated it even more.

And the music. Good lord the music.


I don't want to get into a semantic argument, I just want the protein.

2. The Breakfast Club. Yes, I am a child of the 80s. Clearly. I have always loved this movie, though the last time I watched it I started to love it for an entirely different reason. Where, for years, I related to the kids in the film, as I get older, I start to think about things from the perspective of a parent. Terrifying, I know....because you begin to realize how much we fear totally screwing up our kids, what they really think of us, what their motivations are for the choices they make.


3. The Hangover. I thought about going intellectual with this day in the challenge, but clearly opted not to. Truth is, I have a wildly inappropriate sense of humor. When we first saw this in the theater, I cried and laughed so hard that I literally fell out of the chair. It doesn't matter how many times I see it, I still laugh my ass off. It's so wrong, and that is what makes it all so perfectly right. I still can't figure out how or why the chicken got into the room. WHY??? Does anyone know?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts