Monday, March 31, 2014

2 Songs

Two songs??? TWO?

That's not enough. Not even close. 


I guess I'm just going to pick the two songs that come into my mind the fastest since there is quite honestly no way for me to narrow my vast music library to two songs. I'm a music person, it's always going, it is the background noise of my story. I love, love, love it.

1. Somewhere Over the Rainbow, Iz Kamakawiwo'ole.

This song. Sigh. For as long as it has existed, I have loved it. There is just something about Iz's voice and tone and his interpretation of one of the most recognized songs ever. It was the song ER fans heard as the show said goodbye to Mark Greene. It was one of the songs on the dvd we had put together when my own father died. It was the song that made us all tear up the afternoon of his funeral when the rain stopped just long enough for a double rainbow to form before our eyes. It is the song that the cosmic radio gods send me at exactly the times that I need to hear it.


2. Just Breathe, Pearl Jam.

Iz always makes me think of my Dad. Thinking of my Dad always makes me think of this song, one that I heard for the first time as he was nearing the end of his fight. It's one that was never widely released and I only ever hear it on one local radio station. Which is probably good because this one is an asskicker. The song tells a story, one that applied in far too many ways. I'll just let you listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts