Mom-spirational and The Plucky Procrstinator both said I had to do this. Go check them out - they are both amazing!
1. Where were you born. I was born in Simi Valley, CA. My mom went into labor at the bowling alley. My dad was bowling a perfect game and she didn't want to ruin it, so no one told him. Blew it in the tenth, but he got me. LOL
2. Were you named after someone? Um, yes. I was named after Jaclyn Smith's character in the TV show Charlie's Angels. We also had a dog and cat named Starsky and Hutch. What can I say? My parents watched a lot of TV in the 70's.
3. How many children do you have? Four. It explains a lot. The one I lost before them all explains more, though.
4. How many pets do you have? 1 dog (who talks), 1 temporary dog (who can barely get up, but is amazingly competent when it comes to knocking over trash cans), 1 cat (who is a total ass), 2 hamsters (I'm amazed they are still alive).
5. Your worst injury. I have irrational fears of hurting myself, so I try to avoid injuries as much as possible. The worst was probably when I ate it riding my brother's skateboard as a kid. Road rash over too much of my body to discuss. That bad.
6. Do you have a special talent? I can juggle. No, really. I can. Good to know I can always run away and join the circus if need be.
7. Favorite thing to bake. I stress bake. I don't particularly like to eat baked goods, but I make them when I'm a mess, usually with no warning or planning, so I have to use whatever is in the house. This week, I made strawberry oat bars.
8. Favorite Fast Food. I love the chicken soft tacos from Del Taco, and the chicken sandwiches from Chick fil-A are insanely good even though I refuse to eat them. I wish they weren't homophobic jerks so I could go eat one. Nom nom nom.
9. Would you bungee jump? No freaking way. I have bad knees already, have a fear of falling and am a total control freak. No. No, no, no.
10. What is the first thing you notice about people? Whether they set off my radar. I have very good instincts about people, and I know within seconds if I'm going to like someone. Conversely, I can smell a person without integrity a mile away. Watch out, now.
11. When was the last time you cried? Last night. Don't ask.
12. Any current worries. Only a million of them.
13. Name 3 drinks you drink regularly. Coffee, tea, vodka. (shhh)
14. What’s your favorite book? The Social Transformation of American Medicine. No, I'm not kidding. Yes, I am a dork.
15. Would you like to be a pirate. YES! They are on the water all the time, they wear lots of bling, they get to fight and curse and drink. I'd make a fine pirate, argh.
16. Favorite Smells. Home cooked food, fresh brewed beer, cut grass (even though I'm allergic), the beach and baby head. Oh, baby head.
17. Why do you blog? Sanity.
18. What song do you want played at your funeral? Ave Maria.
19. What is your least favorite thing about yourself. I'm a total control freak. Pretty sure I've referenced that a few times already.
20. Favorite hobby. Writing, reading, music, watching the kids play all the sports they are in.
21. Name something you’ve done, you never thought you would do? I never thought I would be in a position to give someone morphine, but I was.
22. What do you look for in a friend. Someone who can laugh with me, at me, and who can take a joke. Someone who gets my sense of humor. Someone who won't betray me. I don't do so well with that.
23. Favorite Fun things to do? I love to get out and take pictures. I'm drawn to water, almost like it has a gravitational pull on me.
24. Pet peeves. Kids who never clean up anything, people who give unsolicited advice, people who can't drive, spammers. I could go on, but you probably sensed that already.
25. Whats the last thing that made you laugh? The four year old singing this song he made up about a monkey, which requires guitar accompaniment. It's an awesome song. Honest.
Now, I am supposed to tag other bloggers. I'll tag the ones who'll love me the most for doing this, I linked their Facebook pages. Mwhahahaha.