Friday, November 29, 2013

30 Days of Truth, Day 16 ~ Something You Definitely Could Live Without

It seems like every time I start one of these prompts, I'm evaluating just how different things are than they were just three years ago when I did this the first time.

Back then, I wrote about my desire to banish cancer from the world.

I still would like to do that, incidentally, though maybe not as wholeheartedly as I once thought. Cancer is awful, don't get me wrong. It has killed people I love, it has changed everything in my life, it has done some no good, terrible, awful things.

It's done all those things, but I know that I wouldn't have the kids I have if cancer hadn't showed up when it did. I'd probably have kids, but not these particular ones.

I wish it away, but sometimes I am thankful for it in the most ass-backwards bizarre way.


Day 16 ~ Something you definitely could live without

Sigh.

This one, unfortunately, is easier to answer as an absolute.

I could do without mental illness.

I could totally get behind a world where things like anxiety and depression and borderline personality disorder and bipolar and OCD and PTSD mess with me and the people I love.

I know, I know, I know....they are part of who we are, and without them, we would inevitably be different people.

We'd be less tortured souls, though, that's for sure.

1 comment:

Some of My Most Popular Posts