Wednesday, November 27, 2013

30 Days of Truth, Day 15 ~ Something or Someone You Can't Live Without Because You Have Tried

The last time I wrote this seems in some ways like it was a million years ago. In reality, it's been less than three years.

But wow.

The first time I answered this one, I wrote about coffee...which is still true I suppose. I probably could stop drinking coffee, but I have no desire to do so.


Day 15 ~ Something or someone you can't live without because you have tried

The answer I'm giving this time around shouldn't really come as a surprise to many of you, since it should be fairly obvious that what I do here is therapeutic for me.

I can't live without writing.

I've tried.

Oh, how I have tried.

There have been a few times in the past three years that I have tried to stop writing, that I have willed myself to walk away from the keyboard, that I refused to tell my stories. I did it out of self preservation or stubbornness or the need to just walk away for a minute.

I couldn't do it.

I would last a day or two at the most. I would find myself writing privately and just not hitting the publish button. I started secret blogs to hide the things I didn't want people to know.

I have to let the things in my head out in order to survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts