Easily one of my favorite days in these challenges is the self portrait day. I spend all year telling you guys all kinds of stuff about me, and this is my payback day - I finally get to see who you are!
|This is what I looked like yesterday.|
Tips for taking a self portrait that doesn't suck:
1. Pay attention to the lighting. Avoid using the flash whenever possible. Bright, indirect light is best.
2. Decide what your best angle is - makes faces at yourself in the mirror if you don't already know.
3. Look just up and to the side of the lens, not directly at it, unless you want a very intense picture.
4. If you have double chins (not that you do, of course LOL), look slightly up to take the picture, hold the camera a tiny bit higher than you normally would.
5. Make sure there isn't anything messing up your background, or giving you bunny ears, or growing out of the top of your head.
6. Take more than one picture, with slightly different expressions. Then you can pick the best one.
7. Try to laugh naturally so your smile doesn't look forced.
8. Remember you can always zoom in, but you can't zoom out once the picture is taken.