Have you ever thought about what people might think if they saw what goes on behind-the-scenes at your house? Do you ever wonder what it would be like to catch a glimpse of someone else’s daily life? Here’s your chance. Today 14 bloggers are inviting you into their homes to be a fly on the wall.
Thanks to Baking in a Tornado for organizing!
Now, here's what you might see if you snuck into my house....
* My dog is confused. He seems pretty sure that the rawhide wreath we got him for Christmas is his baby. No, I'm not kidding. He carries it around with him day and night. Sleeps with it, even lays his little dog head on it. We try to tell him all the time to eat it. It's food. Seriously. One day, he did start to chew on it, and we looked at him with such disbelief that hasn't tried again. I do not pretend to understand this animal.
* My four year old son got a Hulk mask and Hulk hands for Christmas. It wasn't my idea, and my husband insisted that he would love it and have a good time with it...which he does. Until he Hulk smash punched his father in the tingly parts. Suddenly, my husband wasn't so sure this was a good idea anymore.
* The four year old also got a bike for Christmas. Since Christmas Eve, we have had snow on the ground, it's been unbearably cold out, or both. So, we did the only logical thing and let him ride it in the house. It worked fine at first, until he started taking corners like the daredevil he is. We now have tire marks on the cabinets, the walls, the refrigerator door...
* My mother in law got us a large white board that has a shadow picture of all the kids. The idea was to leave notes and reminders for ourselves and each other. No notes have been written, but every day someone has a new mustache or horns.
* We eat tacos on Tuesdays fairly regularly. If I make them any other day, the kids ask me what is wrong.
* The oldest boy got a shiny new cell phone this week. You know what this means right??? It means that I'm his master and he will do what I say now for fear of having his lifeline taken away. Insert maniacal mom laughter. Mwhahahahaha.....
* My kids routinely drink out of shot glasses. Not alcohol, gosh. Eggnog or milk or soymilk or sips of soda. What???? They are little, the glasses are little....right? Besides, they'll have fun in college.
* One of my girls is bored to death in school, has been for a few years. We haven't pushed the issue much for a few non-academic reasons, but we feel like it's time. After weeks of debating it and her talking to friends who are in the GT classes, she realized that one of them skipped a grade and immediately decided she could never be that smart. Then I asked my little girl her who her mom was. Then I asked her if she was like her mom at all. Then I told her that her mom skipped a grade. Her eyes lit up in a hurry. Who knew that would be the nudge to push her finally? Hey, whatever works. I use my powers for good.
* That same child nearly choked to death on the way home from school last week. She used to do it all.the.time. when she was little, but it's been a while so my Heimlich was rusty. Still worked. After she calmed down and realized she wasn't going to die, she said thanks, Mom. I said You're welcome. Thanks for not barfing in the car.
* The other daughter is currently obsessed with Bruno Mars. OBSESSED. Listens to his songs on a constant rotation. She told me she wants to sing Locked Out of Heaven next year at the talent show.
Um, no sweetheart. I'm pretty sure that children aren't supposed to sing about sex taking them anywhere, let alone to paradise.
Buzz around, see what you think, then click on these links for a peek into some other homes:
Some of My Most Popular Posts
I'm about get all deep and thought provoking, so just hang tight with me for a second. The last few years have been, to put it mildly,...
When you think of a woman who has it all, the family and the career, there is so much more behind the scenes than most people realize. Org...
The more of these challenges I do, the more amazing pictures are submitted and the harder it gets for me to narrow the field down. Here ar...
1 in 4 women will be the victim of sexual assault in her life time. Take a look around you right now. If it's not you, it's someon...
Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, the last living suspect in the bombings of the Boston Marathon, is currently in the hospital and under armed guard. Thoug...
Here are 20 of my favorite pictures from the challenge! It was so hard to choose with so many amazing photos! THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!! Th...
November 28, 2012 All the children in the world, Some of you may be familiar with me already, but let me introduce myself just in ...
In the past few days, some of my most conservative friends on Facebook have been ranting about the trial of Kermit Gosnell. Questioning why ...
There wasn't a doubt in my mind that Def Leppard was going to be on this list, probably in large part because they were easily my person...
A few days ago, I asked my readers if there were any subjects they wanted me to write about. One of them suggested that I discuss the case...