Sunday, December 16, 2012

The view from the inside

I am sharing a blog by a woman that I've never met, but that I feel like I know today.

The truth is that we all probably know someone like her.  We just may not realize it.

Someone struggling with a diagnosis for her child, overwhelmed and scared.  Afraid of what he might become, what he might be capable of.  A system, largely unable to help.  Not enough resources or funding or access.  A system failing not just these children, but all of us.

Please read this piece by Liza Long, please take it to heart, please share it.

We must do better.

Thinking the Unthinkable

2 comments:

  1. What a thought provoking story. God bless all mothers and children in this situation. Something must be done to fix the lack of mental illness solutions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is why healthcare is so important.

    ReplyDelete

Some of My Most Popular Posts