...and it's been three days since my last post.
In fact, and I'm not even kidding, I didn't even turn on the computer for a 24 hour span over the weekend.
I KNOW, RIGHT?!?!?!
The world did not end. Which is shocking.
You guys missed a lot, so I'm going to have to give you the quick and dirty version.
1) We bought a tree. A real one. It's big and beautiful and magnificent. It's also too big and beautiful and magnificent for the spot it's in, and I need to rearrange the entire living room to move it. I'm also allergic to it, and have been sneezing approximately every 5 minutes since it arrived. Achoo. F-ing Christmas.
2) That tree I just talked about....we have it. And it's the in the house. But it's not decorated. The lights are not even on it. We haven't had time. Honest. WHAT??? We have a tree....isn't that good enough??? It's in the building. That should count for something.
3) I have to put the lights on the tree. Because that is the law. I'm the light installer. I'm way too OCD to let someone else attempt it. Just get me the stool and stay out of my damn way.
4) I ordered Christmas cards. Alert the media. I swore them off last year. And yet here we are, with a pending order of ridiculous adorableness. Actually, the cards were my husband's idea this year...he even started planning out the pictures 6 months ago. I wish I was kidding. If you want a preview, scroll all the way down to the bottom of the blog. I'm a sucker for a free code from Shutterfly, and if I posted it here, I get one. So, go peek after you read this.
5) We went to the art museum Saturday with all the kids. Which mostly meant that I said don't touch anything a million times and my daughters giggled at naked man statues. That, and we saw a lady wearing a sweater dress three sizes too small, with a low slung belt that hung below her ample pooch. AND she was wearing shooties. You know, boots that think they are shoes. My husband glanced over at me with the you're seeing what I'm seeing, right??? look. Her poor children.
6) I went to church. No one died or got married. Just regular church. The building didn't fall down. Nothing burst into flames and no one got struck by lightning.
7) We went to an adult-only party Saturday night. Soon after we arrived, the women folk polished off the Godiva liqueur and we sent the men to the liquor store. True story....three guys walk into a liquor store and ask for Godiva liqueur.
8) Someone may or may not have spent the last half of the night crawling. That's how you know the party was a wild success, by the way. It wasn't me, though I did launch a perfectly good martini glass off the railing. Stay classy, my friends.
9) Dirty Girl Scout martinis are really freaking delicious. They are also fluorescent green and come out the same color they went in. Incidentally, if I had to pick one great thing about being hungover, it's that I allow myself to drink all the Coke in the world it takes to settle my stomach. I refuse to touch the stuff unless I need it. I needed it yesterday. Coke......swear to f-ing god, they still put crack in that stuff.
10) There was a white elephant exchange. We took the good gift, you know the one that was stolen repeatedly. The one that I actually bought thinking it was a birthday gift for the hostess, but I have a patent inability to read invitations and follow directions. Consequently, I bought a good gift that was fought over.
Some of My Most Popular Posts
Philip Seymour Hoffman died yesterday. He was found with a needle still wedged into his arm, heroin believed to be the culprit. When I h...
This is about the point in summer when I really start to hate being hot. I'm not a hot weather person. I adore rain and I love the 40s. ...
The post below was one that I wrote over a year and a half ago. It's been sitting, unpublished, in my draft folder ever since. I couldn&...
Hey, Mom. Hi, Dad. I see you. I'm the one hanging back, clinging to the little piece of shade that I staked out years ago. I've ...
I have done a few different things like this over the years, little surveys with the kids. Some focused on them, some focused on their perce...
To The Oldest, Good lord, what happened? No, seriously though, how did you get to be this old? It seems like it was just last year t...
I've been seeing a lot of people posting their 40 by 40 lists lately, and that probably has more to do with the fact that I'm a teen...
Earlier this week was the 95th anniversary of the day women gained the right to vote in this country. I saw many people sharing links about ...
There are times that I feel like I'm really an 80 year old woman with a lifetime of knowledge within her, though I am nowhere close to t...
Though it might seem like it from the outside, that it might seem like I share so much about myself and my life, in reality there is a lot I...