...and it's been three days since my last post.
In fact, and I'm not even kidding, I didn't even turn on the computer for a 24 hour span over the weekend.
I KNOW, RIGHT?!?!?!
The world did not end. Which is shocking.
You guys missed a lot, so I'm going to have to give you the quick and dirty version.
1) We bought a tree. A real one. It's big and beautiful and magnificent. It's also too big and beautiful and magnificent for the spot it's in, and I need to rearrange the entire living room to move it. I'm also allergic to it, and have been sneezing approximately every 5 minutes since it arrived. Achoo. F-ing Christmas.
2) That tree I just talked about....we have it. And it's the in the house. But it's not decorated. The lights are not even on it. We haven't had time. Honest. WHAT??? We have a tree....isn't that good enough??? It's in the building. That should count for something.
3) I have to put the lights on the tree. Because that is the law. I'm the light installer. I'm way too OCD to let someone else attempt it. Just get me the stool and stay out of my damn way.
4) I ordered Christmas cards. Alert the media. I swore them off last year. And yet here we are, with a pending order of ridiculous adorableness. Actually, the cards were my husband's idea this year...he even started planning out the pictures 6 months ago. I wish I was kidding. If you want a preview, scroll all the way down to the bottom of the blog. I'm a sucker for a free code from Shutterfly, and if I posted it here, I get one. So, go peek after you read this.
5) We went to the art museum Saturday with all the kids. Which mostly meant that I said don't touch anything a million times and my daughters giggled at naked man statues. That, and we saw a lady wearing a sweater dress three sizes too small, with a low slung belt that hung below her ample pooch. AND she was wearing shooties. You know, boots that think they are shoes. My husband glanced over at me with the you're seeing what I'm seeing, right??? look. Her poor children.
6) I went to church. No one died or got married. Just regular church. The building didn't fall down. Nothing burst into flames and no one got struck by lightning.
7) We went to an adult-only party Saturday night. Soon after we arrived, the women folk polished off the Godiva liqueur and we sent the men to the liquor store. True story....three guys walk into a liquor store and ask for Godiva liqueur.
8) Someone may or may not have spent the last half of the night crawling. That's how you know the party was a wild success, by the way. It wasn't me, though I did launch a perfectly good martini glass off the railing. Stay classy, my friends.
9) Dirty Girl Scout martinis are really freaking delicious. They are also fluorescent green and come out the same color they went in. Incidentally, if I had to pick one great thing about being hungover, it's that I allow myself to drink all the Coke in the world it takes to settle my stomach. I refuse to touch the stuff unless I need it. I needed it yesterday. Coke......swear to f-ing god, they still put crack in that stuff.
10) There was a white elephant exchange. We took the good gift, you know the one that was stolen repeatedly. The one that I actually bought thinking it was a birthday gift for the hostess, but I have a patent inability to read invitations and follow directions. Consequently, I bought a good gift that was fought over.
Some of My Most Popular Posts
It's time! All the hard work that you've all put in for the last 30 days is about to pay off! Thank you all for participating! It ...
Philip Seymour Hoffman died yesterday. He was found with a needle still wedged into his arm, heroin believed to be the culprit. When I ...
I'm taking a much needed break from the ranting and the frustration today to tell you about my most favorite inappropriate party game. ...
When I was writing about the border crisis yesterday, I had one of those lightbulb moments. If you are a writer or a blogger, you'll kno...
Last year on this day, I wrote one of my more brutally honest posts about how I feel about the way things are in this country of ours. My...
Oh, PTSD, you sneaky little bastard, you. Hi. I'm going to apologize in advance because this post is really just going to be a littl...
Hi there you guys. I think I am suffering from a legitimate case of pissed-off-fatigue. It's been just over a week since the Hobby Lobby...
When The Fault in Our Stars was released in theaters, the internet lit up with posts spanning the spectrum. Some loved it, some hated it. S...
I'm sitting in the waiting room of the orthodontist's office right now. Yes, I am the person who brings my laptop places like doctor...
Howdy. I spent hours and hours yesterday and today getting the photography challenge contest post ready, so I haven't had a chance to wr...