Saturday, December 29, 2012

If you want to know who I am, read these

In the last year, I've written some really hilarious stuff.  I've written some really controversial and politically charged pieces.  And I wrote these.

These are the pieces that go the furthest to explaining who I am.  What makes me tick.  What has made me the way I am.  These are the posts nearest and dearest to my heart.  Many of them brought me to tears as I wrote them, some still make me cry when I read them now.  Some compelled me to turn off the computer and walk away.

With most of them, I was terrified to hit the publish button.  Afraid of what people would think. Afraid of being judged.

I've learned a lot about myself this year.  Some of the lessons were excruciating.  I brought you with me on this journey, and I thank you for coming along.

An open book for the world to read, I am.



Mothering a child just like me.

The reason I'll always believe in the tooth fairy.

If I could write a letter to my younger self, I wouldn't. Here's why.

Why everyone needs to sit down right now and talk about dying.

I am.

If you've ever really lost yourself, you know what I mean.

It's not just a team, it's a family.

The morning of 9/11, burned into my mind. Not like you think.

Why Lance disappointed me, and it has nothing to do with the bike.

Grief is a real bitch sometimes.

Keeping my head above water.

This is just how crazy I am. Fortunately, I'm not alone.

Love and marriage are not the same.

What betrayal really feels like.

Motherhood: your time is fleeting, and you don't even notice.

A confession about my past.

The hardest thing I learned this year.

2 comments:

  1. Some of the best blog posts are the ones that are hard to write and terrifying to publish. When you hover over that publish button with your heart pounding, adrenaline pumping, hands shaking, and your face still wet with tears, then you know it's worth posting.

    I wrote a piece for this Thursday's Theme Thursday and even thinking about it gets me scared. I only hope I have the courage to post it when the time comes.

    Not sure if you saw what I said on FB today, but I have written it on post its throughout my house and keep repeating it to myself, in hopes by Thursday I'll be brave.

    I said, "I am a writer. I am brave. I tell stories with my words and bare my soul to the world even when it's scary."

    I shared what I wrote this morning with a friend and expressed that I fear posting it, fear the possible repercussions and when my friend asked, "Will you still post it?" That was my response. So I wrote it down everywhere to remember.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that you do post it. The scary ones are the most important ones. (((hugs)))

      Delete

Some of My Most Popular Posts