Thursday, November 1, 2012

Writing Challenges and Subject Swaps and Book Submissions, oh my!

I'm finally getting back in the swing of writing again, trying to push myself to take on more challenges and risks.

I'll be doing a subject swap for Baking in a Tornado tomorrow, a 100 word post on gratitude for Grass Oil in a few weeks and I actually submitted a short piece to a collaborative book effort by Falling in Love with Your Life.

I was so nervous when I clicked send on that last one.  Probably more nervous than I've been when it comes to writing in a very long time.

The book is going to be full of short pieces by different writers, all focused on the subject of happiness.

Here's what I submitted, and how the edit came together.



Oh my gosh you guys, I just might become a real-life published writer.

7 comments:

  1. Not that I want to pile more on your plate, but don't forget the Fly on the Wall group post in a couple of weeks too. You're Welcome!
    I love your submission, it says so much in so few words. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the piece you submitted and the way you presented it. Beautiful, honest. It rings true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT. Keep going and GOOD LUCK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Though, if you had fallen"out" of writing, then what does it say about my writing? I really would love to hear more about the falling back in love piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was.entirely situational....went through some life alteringly bad stuff last year. Questioned everything about myself as a result. I stopped writing for a little while, pulled posts, whole 9 yards....then I realized that I wasn't being true to myself if I let someone else dictate what I knew I needed to do. Started a secret blog to process all that, then went back to writing funny stuff even if it was excruciating. I'm way funnier when I'm hurting. This whole thing has been a growth experience. Still not totally back, but on my way.

      I know you get this more than the average writer. xoxo

      Delete

Some of My Most Popular Posts