Sunday, November 4, 2012

30 Day Holiday Photo Challenge - Day 5

Day 5 - Macro

Some of my all time favorite shots are macro ones, and the runner up in the last contest was an awesome macro shot of a purple flower.

If you aren't up on the photography lingo, macro means "up close".

Get right up in there and click the shutter.  If you are using a camera (or even a phone that has adjustable settings - most do these days), be sure to switch to the macro setting.  Usually it's icon is a flower.

Push the limits of your camera.  See how tight in you can get.  Look for tiny details.

My picture is of a gorgeous dahlia, at the peak of the fall bloom, taken up in Estes Park.  If you've not visited Estes Park, you're missing out.

I'm spoiled.  It's only 40 minutes away.  :)


3 comments:

  1. I can't even take a shot without red-eye. Impressive!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love Dahlias all mine have died I am a terrible gardener.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. Love the hint of yellow in the flower behind.

    ReplyDelete

Some of My Most Popular Posts