Saturday, November 3, 2012

30 Day Holiday Photo Challenge - Day 4

Day 4 - Light

If you ask any photographer what the most important piece of a good shot is, I can just about guarantee they will all give you the same answer.

Light.

Light, light, light.  A while back, I posted a piece on how to take better pictures of anything, including your kids.  Most of my tips have to do with awareness of lighting and turning off the flash.

Lighting is more than that though.  I tend to play with light a lot in my shots.  While most people shy away from including that ball of fire in the sky, I've learned that just letting it peek into the corner of a shot can make the difference between a good picture and a great one.

Here are a few examples of what I'm talking about.

My baby girl and I at Disneyland.
The sky, the first day of Fall.
Turning off the flash is the only way you
get this shot, just keep a steady hand.
The sun can help frame an image.
I could post a million pictures, but you get the idea.  Of course, you could always take the subject in another direction entirely and play with light in a different way.  Have fun!

1 comment:

Some of My Most Popular Posts