Saturday, November 24, 2012

30 Day Holiday Photo Challenge - Day 25

Day 25 - Adorn

It's officially that time of year.  Now that Thanksgiving is over and done with, it's time to throw glitter and tinsel on everything.

I'm scaling back this year a little, trying to fit more simplicity in my holiday.

Not a single decoration is out yet, and I'm really okay with that.

This is a picture of the blue spruce in my backyard, taken three years ago now.  I'm not sure what came over me when I did this, but I just knew that if the weather cooperated, it would end up looking as I'd envisioned.


And it did.

The real version of the flocked Christmas trees I grew up surrounded by, tagging along behind my father.  He worked the lots, I begged to go with him.  We never did bring one of those flocked trees home, maybe because we didn't need to.  We had that moment out there in the dark, rubbing our hands warm over the fire pit, watching the manufactured snow gently fall onto the trees.

I couldn't go home for Christmas that year, and my dad couldn't be here.  He'd never make the trip out here again, but I could share this moment with him.

This was his tree.

I haven't done it since, but I think this might be the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts