Monday, November 19, 2012

30 Day Holiday Photo Challenge - Day 20

Day 20 - Gift

I tend to get mushy and emotional when I do these challenges, mostly because every picture I share with you is one that means something significant to me.

Today is no different.

My dad, pointing out the rays to Tom and AJ
This was taken at the Aquarium of the Pacific in the summer of 2010.  Every time we went back home to California after moving to Colorado, my Dad made sure to take the kids here.  It was his favorite place to spend time with them. He was always excited and engaged, eager to share it all with them.

This was the last time we would go there with him.  The last time he'd point out the rays and sea stars.  The last time he'd urge the kids up to the glass on the other side of the sharks.  The last time he'd sit and stare at the jellyfish.

Time is a gift.

I'm so grateful we had time.

I miss you, Dad.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post and a very special moment to have captured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so poignant--made my eyes water. I lost my father a few years ago, and every Thanksgiving he was here to carve the turkey for us--I took oodles of pictures of him during those holidays. They just aren't the same without him. I've never stopped missing him.

    ReplyDelete

Some of My Most Popular Posts