Saturday, November 17, 2012

30 Day Holiday Photo Challenge - Day 18

Day 18 - Calm

Though living in the middle of the country isn't conducive to me going to my happy place very often, I go as often as I get the chance.

The ocean is my happy place.  I can just be.


I could literally sit at the beach, alone, for hours.  I don't need a book or a camera or music.  Just the rhythmic crashing of the waves.  The sound of the water soaking into the sand.  The seagulls soaring above.

This particular beach always makes me think of my Dad, and there's a sense of calm that comes just from being somewhere he loved.

2 comments:

  1. same here, I need to retire near the beach

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am 100% with you. I love the sun, the water. When I'm old and confused, I just want to be dropped off on the beach to live.

    ReplyDelete

Some of My Most Popular Posts