Thursday, November 15, 2012

30 Day Holiday Photo Challenge - Day 16

Day 16 - Nourish

This picture I've chosen today wasn't at all what I envisioned when I chose this theme, but given the topics I've been spending time on lately, if fits.

As I mentioned yesterday, I spent 10 straight years being pregnant, nursing, or both.  I have had people literally attached to me for over a decade.

I have spent many, many hours and days and weeks working with new mothers to establish nursing.  I happily breastfed my babies anywhere and everywhere we ever went, and yet this is the only picture I have of any of them nursing.

I struggled with whether I should post it or not, but then the internal debate in my head ended with only one possible outcome: I had to.

If I am to truly advocate for long, successful nursing relationships, not just for myself, but for all women that choose that path to nourish their babies, then I have to walk the walk.


5 comments:

  1. The picture is beautiful! I nursed all 4 of my kids and I'll tell you what--they were always healthy---I rarely had to take them to the doctor. They are grown now and even as adults, they STILL rarely get sick. It's the best way to go if you can! Nice blog site, BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful picture. I never had good latcher-onners until the last one. But by then, I had no time! Very envious and happy you do have that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww! I WISH I had this picture. This is positively priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have any pics of nursing my sweet girl. I wish I had one good one! It's a priceless moment that was only between her and I.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for you for being brave and posting it. That's a great picture to go with nourish.

    ReplyDelete

Some of My Most Popular Posts