Sunday, November 11, 2012

30 Day Holiday Photo Challenge - Day 12

Day 12 - Animal

This is one of the themes that I always put in my photo challenges, mostly because my pets are part of the family.  Even the mouse killing cat that hates me, I suppose.

This is my boy, Jake.  He prefers to be called Jakey.


Isn't he handsome?

He's an old man now, and spends most of his time sleeping.  Then he gets up and stretches, finds a new spot to lay down.

He took over defense of the family when we lost out other dog last year.  In one day, he went from being the spaz "other" dog, to the sole protector of this home.

We are his family.  We are his people.

He sits by the door and waits every afternoon for his kids to come home.

horrible picture, but
you get the idea.
He says hi to me when I walk in the door.  He can't handle when some of us are upstairs and some downstairs, so he sits on the landing in between.

I found him when he was about a year old, couldn't resist those eyes looking up at me begging for a home.  He had been abused and still flinches a little when the broom comes out even though he's been with us over ten years.  It breaks my heart what people do to animals.

I love this dog.

1 comment:

  1. Every time I sweep my house and find a small animals worth of pet hair, I think no more pets after the ones we have. And then I look in my sweet kind doggies eyes and can't imagine life without a dog. Hair balls and all.

    ReplyDelete

Some of My Most Popular Posts