Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Things That Piss Me Off Tuesday - alert the media

Holy crap you guys...I'm actually writing this on the day I am supposed to this week.

The way things have been going lately, that might never happen again.  Enjoy it while it lasts.

Little Birdies
I've had such an up and down week that my head is spinning.  Literally, spinning.  I'm dizzy.  I need to cut my blood pressure medication dose in half because I'm practically passing out every time I stand up.  You know how in cartoons, those little birdies show up and fly around someone's head?  Yeah, that's me right now.

Getting Old
I painted yesterday, for about six hours.  I went to my happy place.  Anyone who knows me well, knows that painting walls is like therapy to me.  I lurve it.  What I don't love, apparently, is the going up and down the ladder for six hours.  My knee in particular is not loving that.  So much for ambition. Ambition is the tool of the young.  Now, I'm like eh....that wall doesn't need to be finished today, does it?

I need to dye my hair.  Badly.  It seems like every time I dye it anymore, it lasts for a shorter and shorter length of time.  The mousy brown hair with silver streaks pokes out almost immediately, telling the world that I'm not really the ravishing auburn locked Irish lass that I pretend to be.  That I want to be.  That the box says I can be.

When you get old, other shit starts happening.  Literally from one day to the next, I realized that I needed to start moisturizing my neck.  WTF?  I put lotion on my legs and arms for most of my life, sure.  Splurged for the good face moisturizer for about a decade now.  But my neck?  That's just the thing that connects my head to my body.  I never paid much attention to it until last week when it started to look like a damn turkey wattle.


Gobble, gobble, father time.  Gobble, gobble.

Don't be checking out my wattle.

Facebook Page Bullshit
So, I don't claim to be some internet guru or anything, but I've been around long enough to know how ads work online.  The companies pay YOU for running their ads on your page, because your visitors drive exposure for whatever crap they are peddling.

Except for Facebook.  In their infinite wisdom, the powers that be at Facebook have decided to stop placing posts from fan pages in the newsfeeds of their fans.  I'm lucky if a third of my fans see whatever I post.  For a price, they'll send it to everyone WHO ALREADY FOLLOWS ME.   Like small fan pages for bloggers and home based business have advertising budgets.  Like Facebook isn't running ads that they already profit from on my page as it is.

If you are a fan of mine on Facebook (and you really should be), please, please, please go to my page and click the drop down menu on the cover page and select "show in newsfeed".  

I love you guys, but I can't pay for ads.

Those people
You know them.  The people who never have time to actually help with anything, but sure find the time to bitch about it.  Those people.  The ones that exist just to be a pain in the ass.

If you don't like how something is done, do it yourself.

Or STFU.

Drama Queens
They are the ones that post vague things on Facebook that cause people who know them to worry.  But never give you more information.  Or, when they do, 35 comments later, turns out that whatever they were freaking out about was not a big deal.

My personal favorite are the ones who declare that they are too busy for Facebook, and that they are going to cancel their accounts....except they are always on Facebook and never cancel their accounts.

Stay or go.  No one freaking cares, in case you didn't notice the lack of response you got last time you threatened to leave.


Honest.

Just shut up about it already or I'll defriend you.  Better yet, I'll throw you on my acquaintance list so you don't drive me insane anymore.

7 comments:

  1. This is pure freaking magic. I paint walls tooo!! It's all i can do that STAYS DONE around here. Love the post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?!?!?! It's my pathetic attempt to have control of something in this house of chaos.

      Delete
  2. I bake. Not as pretty as painting and much more fattening. Kids are happy though. Unfortunately they've learned to keep adding stress so I'll keep baking. I may need to start painting, that'll teach them. FB: I'm also pretty pissed that pages aren't counted as a "like". What's that about?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would bake more, but then I'd have to clean the kitchen...and I have no desire to do that! FB is just a big old bully to us little pages. Grrr.

      Delete
  3. That list could be my own. Right down to the gray hair and turkey waddle. Getting old is not for sissies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not by any stretch of the imagination. LOL

      Delete
  4. Reasons #467 and #468 why I'm not on Facebook. Good luck with the painting and the knees!

    ReplyDelete

Some of My Most Popular Posts