Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The Versatile Blogger Award

I won!  I won!  I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has made this award possible.

First and foremost, I'd like to thank the wonderful and lovely Lillian at It's A Dome Life for presenting it to me.  She's awesome and talented and an amazing artist.  Go check her out.  You won't be disappointed.  

Promise.  

Next, I'd like to thank everyone who hasn't given me an award yet.  

Hurry up, already.

I'd be remiss if I neglected to thank all the people out there who drive me crazy or entertain me and force me to write about them.

And you all, my readers.  You're only like the best fans in the whole wide world.



Here are the rules:


  • If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
  • Thank the blogger who nominated you and include a link to their site.
  • Copy and paste the award to your blog.
  • Share 7 random facts about yourself.
  • Nominate 15 bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly and include a link to their site.
  • Let the other Bloggers know that you have nominated them.
Here are my 7 random facts.  I have to tell you, this is the kind of stuff that keeps a girl up at night.  I've just got so much weirdness that  I couldn't decide which 7 won the narrowing contest.

1) I'm extremely afraid of food poisoning.  I will throw out anything that smells remotely bad.

2) My sense of smell is almost entirely shot, thanks to allergies.  This complicates #1 up there.

3) I loathe wearing shoes.  Even in the winter, I lean towards mules and boots.  I love me some heels, but a regular plain old shoe?  No thanks.

4) I just bought a pair of shoes today.  Jury is still out.

5) I'm like half a point away from being declared legally blind without correction.

6) I withdrew from calculus in college.  Because I was failing.  

7) I am a huge dork.  I stopped trying to fight the dorkiness a few years ago.  Embraced the dork side.  You don't know the power of the dork side.  See what I did just there, with that Star Wars reference???  Told ya.

I could literally go on for days, listing my quirks.  There are that many of them.  

Instead, I'd rather share some of the best bloggers out there I know and love.   And yeah, there are more than 15.  I don't follow rules well.   

In no particular order....drumroll please...

They are ALL awesome.  Go show them some love!

1) Happy Little Feet - real and funny, and she makes crafts...so she's my hero.

2) Oh, Boys - gorgeous and probably my long lost relative.  we have to be related.

3) Brady Bunch on Crack - amazing.  that is all.

4) Cerebral Milkshake - some of the funniest stuff online.

5) Mom Running on Empty - inspirational to those of us who want to run, but don't.

6) The MFP - she is the princess.  enough said.

7) Wyatt Zoo - total supermom and a fabulous photographer.

8) I Want a Dumpster Baby - i could write novels about the things i love about her.  just go.

9) If Only She Had Applied Herself - one of my first internet blogging buddies, funny as hell.

10) World's Worst Moms - my kindred spirit.

11) The Misadventures of a Bi-Polar Girl - brave and powerful, she is amazing.

12) Coldblooded - tells it like it is, and doesn't hold back.

13) How I Learned to Wear a Dress - my favorite feminist.

14) A Tea Tray in the Sky - one of the best writers out there.  raw, real.

15) Carpool Goddess - making motherhood laughable and livable.

16) Homespooled- talented at everything and she shares her gifts with the world.

17) The Madness of Mommyhood - sarcastic and funny, touching and deep, just love.

18) Austin Blood - the man of the hour, and he's worth it.

19) All That Jazzy - quite possibly the cutest baby on the internet.  and ron jeremy.

20) Dedicated 2 Life - an inspiration to so many.

18 comments:

  1. Wow thank you so much! I still can not believe people like my blog. Let alone read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. You are welcome!!! I am so blessed to have found you...you've helped so many people and touched so many lives. <3

      Delete
  3. You my dear just made my day. I was going to do some research type work but now you have lifted me up and I am going to enjoy this evening with this. I have to tell you....I don't usually do these kind of posts but it came to me for a reason...I have been in much of need of some relaxing writing and refinding my creative side to writing. Thank you for giving that back to me today. You ARE GORGEOUS for that (well your gorgeous anyway but you know what I mean ; ) )

    Irish
    Dedicated2Life.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! This is supposed to be fun! I hope you enjoy it, you are welcome!

      Delete
  4. Thank you for that very complimentary introduction. I see you are already making people smile. That's the best part about awards! I can't wait to check out all of the blogs you highlighted. This is going to be fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for nominating me! It is fun!

      Delete
  5. This is very cool, thank you. You captured the essence of my blog in under ten words, impressive. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much! Mainly for the kindred spirit part. I feel the same way.

    Can't wait to stalk these other people.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats & I only read blogs by dorks. Glad you passed the test.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, thank you! I'll definitely participate soon. And I am probably on the other end of the food poisoning and smell spectrum. I have a bloodhound's nose, and food often smells too strong for me anyway, so I tend to think things smell questionable even when they're perfectly fine. So I just assume that even if something doesn't seem right, Josh will correct it. No one's died yet from my cooking, so that's a good sign, right?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I can not believe you actually referred to me as a writer. I'm stunned...I had no idea this label fit me.

    ReplyDelete

Some of My Most Popular Posts