Sometimes when you wake up in the morning after a long and emotional night, you just need something to make you smile.
I woke up this morning, not wanting to get out of bed at all, and checked to see if I had any comments to moderate. Such is the life of a blogger, right?
I had a few, one of them from Happy Little Feet, informing me that she'd bestowed upon me The Sunshine Award.
I needed that today, thank you. :)
Now, for the rules. There are always rules...
Awardees are supposed to answer the following eight questions, then nominate ten other bloggers.
1. What is your favorite Christmas/holiday movie? It's a close tie between National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and A Christmas Story. I still laugh in all the right places, and they both remind me of my Dad.
2. What is your favorite flower? For a long time, I would have said it was tulips, but my taste in a lot of things has evolved as I've gotten older. For now, I'd have to say peonies. We can get them in huge bunches at the farmer's market this time of year. Love.
3. What is your favorite non-alcoholic beverage? Coffee. Hands down.
4. What is your passion? My family first, writing second.
5. What is your favorite time of year? Fall. The colors, the chill in the air, the holidays without emotional baggage. I love it all.
6. What is your favorite time of day? Dusk. The few minutes right before the sun sets.
7. What is your favorite physical activity? Yoga. Unfortunately, it's too expensive. I've tried doing it at home, but it's hard to find your center and channel inner peace when the kid uses your downward dog as a choo choo tunnel.
8. What is your favorite vacation? A real vacation is something I haven't had in a really long time, so bear with me. My idea of perfect is sitting on a beach somewhere, toes in the sand, listening to the waves roll in. Over sized sunglasses. A trashy novel. A drink with a tiny umbrella. And not having to worry about anyone else in the entire world. Let's go. Who's coming with me?
Here are the bloggers I've chosen to nominate for this award!
A Lot of Layers
My Owl Barn
We Band of Mothers
The Real Housewife of Santee
Mommy and Love
Nerdy Apple Bottom
Big A Little a
Life as Leigh Sees It
Not Blessed Mama
Some of My Most Popular Posts
As fast as the news started to break about his death yesterday, the meme generators started working overtime. The jokes about drifting, th...
This was one of the hardest prompts for me to write about last time because I wrote about the book that forced me to admit that I had been ...
Two years ago today, I kissed my mother, told her that I loved her, then sat in a waiting room alone and cried. On that day, so very coinc...
A few weeks back, I was asked if I would be interesting in trying out some new nail polish and doing a review. Me??? You want me to do i...
I was five when my Pap, my Mom's father, died. He had a massive heart attack and died the following day. I remember everything about tho...
November 28, 2012 All the children in the world, Some of you may be familiar with me already, but let me introduce myself just in ...
Oh lord. I should have known that this little mental exercise was going to kick my ass a bit. The last time I did it, I wrote about one of...
This challenge doesn't get easier, you guys. The last time I answered this one, I wrote about a dear friend from college . We've s...
It is time. The annual Christmas list. I do this every year. Because I am 5. I don't actually sit on Santa's lap anymore. We...
It's been a bit of a ride the last few days around here, but I will get to that in a minute. First, the things that I was intending to w...