Sometimes when you wake up in the morning after a long and emotional night, you just need something to make you smile.
I woke up this morning, not wanting to get out of bed at all, and checked to see if I had any comments to moderate. Such is the life of a blogger, right?
I had a few, one of them from Happy Little Feet, informing me that she'd bestowed upon me The Sunshine Award.
I needed that today, thank you. :)
Now, for the rules. There are always rules...
Awardees are supposed to answer the following eight questions, then nominate ten other bloggers.
1. What is your favorite Christmas/holiday movie? It's a close tie between National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and A Christmas Story. I still laugh in all the right places, and they both remind me of my Dad.
2. What is your favorite flower? For a long time, I would have said it was tulips, but my taste in a lot of things has evolved as I've gotten older. For now, I'd have to say peonies. We can get them in huge bunches at the farmer's market this time of year. Love.
3. What is your favorite non-alcoholic beverage? Coffee. Hands down.
4. What is your passion? My family first, writing second.
5. What is your favorite time of year? Fall. The colors, the chill in the air, the holidays without emotional baggage. I love it all.
6. What is your favorite time of day? Dusk. The few minutes right before the sun sets.
7. What is your favorite physical activity? Yoga. Unfortunately, it's too expensive. I've tried doing it at home, but it's hard to find your center and channel inner peace when the kid uses your downward dog as a choo choo tunnel.
8. What is your favorite vacation? A real vacation is something I haven't had in a really long time, so bear with me. My idea of perfect is sitting on a beach somewhere, toes in the sand, listening to the waves roll in. Over sized sunglasses. A trashy novel. A drink with a tiny umbrella. And not having to worry about anyone else in the entire world. Let's go. Who's coming with me?
Here are the bloggers I've chosen to nominate for this award!
A Lot of Layers
My Owl Barn
We Band of Mothers
The Real Housewife of Santee
Mommy and Love
Nerdy Apple Bottom
Big A Little a
Life as Leigh Sees It
Not Blessed Mama
Some of My Most Popular Posts
It's time! All the hard work that you've all put in for the last 30 days is about to pay off! Thank you all for participating! It ...
Philip Seymour Hoffman died yesterday. He was found with a needle still wedged into his arm, heroin believed to be the culprit. When I ...
I had planned to write about something else today, but then yesterday I got a message from one of my oldest friends. This friend, half of a ...
I'm taking a much needed break from the ranting and the frustration today to tell you about my most favorite inappropriate party game. ...
When I was writing about the border crisis yesterday, I had one of those lightbulb moments. If you are a writer or a blogger, you'll kno...
Last year on this day, I wrote one of my more brutally honest posts about how I feel about the way things are in this country of ours. My...
Oh, PTSD, you sneaky little bastard, you. Hi. I'm going to apologize in advance because this post is really just going to be a littl...
Hi there you guys. I think I am suffering from a legitimate case of pissed-off-fatigue. It's been just over a week since the Hobby Lobby...
Howdy. I spent hours and hours yesterday and today getting the photography challenge contest post ready, so I haven't had a chance to wr...
I'm sitting in the waiting room of the orthodontist's office right now. Yes, I am the person who brings my laptop places like doctor...