Sometimes when you wake up in the morning after a long and emotional night, you just need something to make you smile.
I woke up this morning, not wanting to get out of bed at all, and checked to see if I had any comments to moderate. Such is the life of a blogger, right?
I had a few, one of them from Happy Little Feet, informing me that she'd bestowed upon me The Sunshine Award.
I needed that today, thank you. :)
Now, for the rules. There are always rules...
Awardees are supposed to answer the following eight questions, then nominate ten other bloggers.
1. What is your favorite Christmas/holiday movie? It's a close tie between National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and A Christmas Story. I still laugh in all the right places, and they both remind me of my Dad.
2. What is your favorite flower? For a long time, I would have said it was tulips, but my taste in a lot of things has evolved as I've gotten older. For now, I'd have to say peonies. We can get them in huge bunches at the farmer's market this time of year. Love.
3. What is your favorite non-alcoholic beverage? Coffee. Hands down.
4. What is your passion? My family first, writing second.
5. What is your favorite time of year? Fall. The colors, the chill in the air, the holidays without emotional baggage. I love it all.
6. What is your favorite time of day? Dusk. The few minutes right before the sun sets.
7. What is your favorite physical activity? Yoga. Unfortunately, it's too expensive. I've tried doing it at home, but it's hard to find your center and channel inner peace when the kid uses your downward dog as a choo choo tunnel.
8. What is your favorite vacation? A real vacation is something I haven't had in a really long time, so bear with me. My idea of perfect is sitting on a beach somewhere, toes in the sand, listening to the waves roll in. Over sized sunglasses. A trashy novel. A drink with a tiny umbrella. And not having to worry about anyone else in the entire world. Let's go. Who's coming with me?
Here are the bloggers I've chosen to nominate for this award!
A Lot of Layers
My Owl Barn
We Band of Mothers
The Real Housewife of Santee
Mommy and Love
Nerdy Apple Bottom
Big A Little a
Life as Leigh Sees It
Not Blessed Mama
Some of My Most Popular Posts
My one year old has recently developed fairly severe eczema, maybe even worse than his older sister had at his age. This is the worst part o...
Philip Seymour Hoffman died yesterday. He was found with a needle still wedged into his arm, heroin believed to be the culprit. When I h...
What Anxiety Is Like For Me Some of my earliest childhood memories are of worrying about things; big things, little things, important thing...
I was standing in the hallway tonight, urging my toddler to fall asleep in his bed, awaiting his recurrent footsteps towards doorway when so...
It's a tedious world out there right now. There is conflict at every single turn. Lifelong friends and family writing one another off ov...
Six years ago this morning, my father died. I used to try and find more delicate language about his death, say things like "passed aw...
I've been writing birthday letters to other people for a while now. I write them to the kids every year, I've written them to my par...
Oh, Freckles. It's that time of the year again. You know the one...when you get a year older, when you start asking me if I've wri...
I'm not high. Promise. I've still never used marijuana. AND I LIVE IN COLORADO, YOU GUYS. You know what though??? I love Tac...
I have anxiety issues. I've had them for as long as I can remember. From the time I was a wee babe, I worried about everything. All th...