Sometimes when you wake up in the morning after a long and emotional night, you just need something to make you smile.
I woke up this morning, not wanting to get out of bed at all, and checked to see if I had any comments to moderate. Such is the life of a blogger, right?
I had a few, one of them from Happy Little Feet, informing me that she'd bestowed upon me The Sunshine Award.
I needed that today, thank you. :)
Now, for the rules. There are always rules...
Awardees are supposed to answer the following eight questions, then nominate ten other bloggers.
1. What is your favorite Christmas/holiday movie? It's a close tie between National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and A Christmas Story. I still laugh in all the right places, and they both remind me of my Dad.
2. What is your favorite flower? For a long time, I would have said it was tulips, but my taste in a lot of things has evolved as I've gotten older. For now, I'd have to say peonies. We can get them in huge bunches at the farmer's market this time of year. Love.
3. What is your favorite non-alcoholic beverage? Coffee. Hands down.
4. What is your passion? My family first, writing second.
5. What is your favorite time of year? Fall. The colors, the chill in the air, the holidays without emotional baggage. I love it all.
6. What is your favorite time of day? Dusk. The few minutes right before the sun sets.
7. What is your favorite physical activity? Yoga. Unfortunately, it's too expensive. I've tried doing it at home, but it's hard to find your center and channel inner peace when the kid uses your downward dog as a choo choo tunnel.
8. What is your favorite vacation? A real vacation is something I haven't had in a really long time, so bear with me. My idea of perfect is sitting on a beach somewhere, toes in the sand, listening to the waves roll in. Over sized sunglasses. A trashy novel. A drink with a tiny umbrella. And not having to worry about anyone else in the entire world. Let's go. Who's coming with me?
Here are the bloggers I've chosen to nominate for this award!
A Lot of Layers
My Owl Barn
We Band of Mothers
The Real Housewife of Santee
Mommy and Love
Nerdy Apple Bottom
Big A Little a
Life as Leigh Sees It
Not Blessed Mama
Some of My Most Popular Posts
In the past 48 hours, there have been two horrific stories here locally in the news, the type of news stories that are too awful to believe ...
Philip Seymour Hoffman died yesterday. He was found with a needle still wedged into his arm, heroin believed to be the culprit. When I h...
One of the most amazing things about doing what I do here is that other people trust me enough to tell their stories. It's easily one ...
In our society, we don't like to talk about disease. We don't like to discuss illness or death or pain or grief. We especially don...
His chest heaves with sighs every so often, as though he's letting me know that he isn't fully asleep. To say that this boy is taxin...
I'm in a mood and there's a lot to cover. There's so much that there is no way I'm going to get to it all. So let's just...
Around 5:30 this morning, as the baby was nursing, I checked my email. I rolled my eyes and laughed at one of the messages sitting in ...
It's been over four years since he left us now, my Dad, but there are so many times that I still forget that he's gone. You'd th...
It's winter, you guys. That means that it snows. I know. I KNOW. This year has been strange to say the least. We had a very warm a...
Good lord, I have become such a flake. I completely missed writing this post last week, and didn't even realize that I'd skipped it ...