Sometimes when you wake up in the morning after a long and emotional night, you just need something to make you smile.
I woke up this morning, not wanting to get out of bed at all, and checked to see if I had any comments to moderate. Such is the life of a blogger, right?
I had a few, one of them from Happy Little Feet, informing me that she'd bestowed upon me The Sunshine Award.
I needed that today, thank you. :)
Now, for the rules. There are always rules...
Awardees are supposed to answer the following eight questions, then nominate ten other bloggers.
1. What is your favorite Christmas/holiday movie? It's a close tie between National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and A Christmas Story. I still laugh in all the right places, and they both remind me of my Dad.
2. What is your favorite flower? For a long time, I would have said it was tulips, but my taste in a lot of things has evolved as I've gotten older. For now, I'd have to say peonies. We can get them in huge bunches at the farmer's market this time of year. Love.
3. What is your favorite non-alcoholic beverage? Coffee. Hands down.
4. What is your passion? My family first, writing second.
5. What is your favorite time of year? Fall. The colors, the chill in the air, the holidays without emotional baggage. I love it all.
6. What is your favorite time of day? Dusk. The few minutes right before the sun sets.
7. What is your favorite physical activity? Yoga. Unfortunately, it's too expensive. I've tried doing it at home, but it's hard to find your center and channel inner peace when the kid uses your downward dog as a choo choo tunnel.
8. What is your favorite vacation? A real vacation is something I haven't had in a really long time, so bear with me. My idea of perfect is sitting on a beach somewhere, toes in the sand, listening to the waves roll in. Over sized sunglasses. A trashy novel. A drink with a tiny umbrella. And not having to worry about anyone else in the entire world. Let's go. Who's coming with me?
Here are the bloggers I've chosen to nominate for this award!
A Lot of Layers
My Owl Barn
We Band of Mothers
The Real Housewife of Santee
Mommy and Love
Nerdy Apple Bottom
Big A Little a
Life as Leigh Sees It
Not Blessed Mama
Some of My Most Popular Posts
Philip Seymour Hoffman died yesterday. He was found with a needle still wedged into his arm, heroin believed to be the culprit. When I h...
I haven't written this yet, but it's not officially your birthday yet, right? You weren't born until the afternoon, so technical...
The internet is quite literally full of articles about the right way and the wrong way to be a feminist right now, especially after this wee...
The following is a post I wrote on Saturday morning. I was sitting in a college classroom on the other side of the state, there for Science...
I was standing in the hallway tonight, urging my toddler to fall asleep in his bed, awaiting his recurrent footsteps towards doorway when so...
This is my eighth annual Christmas list. Which is crazy. There's simply no way I have been doing this for that long. If you're so in...
FOR THE LOVE PEOPLE. I haven't written one of these in a while, so brace yourselves. It's Not About The Emails... I was a Be...
It's so weird how cyclical I am. It's as though the individual cells in my body can anticipate things before my brain starts to figu...
I have anxiety issues. I've had them for as long as I can remember. From the time I was a wee babe, I worried about everything. All th...
My one year old has recently developed fairly severe eczema, maybe even worse than his older sister had at his age. This is the worst part o...