Just a few days after getting the Versatile Blogger Award, I got another one....the Liebster Award. This one was bestowed upon me by the amazing Molly Field of Grass Oil.
Is it just me, or does anyone else always think of the unsinkable Molly Brown when they meet someone named Molly? With her, though, it totally makes sense. This Molly is just as unsinkable, which is a good thing considering how much time she spends on the water.
If you aren't following her yet, you should be. Mostly because she is fantastic. She is such a prolific writer that I just marvel at her posts sometimes. You should also follow her because she's asked me to do a guest post. I'm taking my camera out today, right after I finish this up, to start on that project for her. And I'm so damn excited about it I could pee my pants. For reals.
Here are the rules for this latest award I've added to my collection:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the 11 questions that the person who gave you the award asked.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you are giving the award to.
4. Choose 11 people to send the award to. Link and notify them.
5. No tag backs.
11 Things About Me
1. I can juggle. Total bad ass juggling too. You should see it. It's amazing. It's also good to know that I can always fall back on that circus career.
2. I once raced a cop in my Dad's Thunderbird.
3. I hosted birthday parties when I worked at McDonald's in high school.
4. I worked in a science museum in 9th grade. I've always been a huge nerd.
5. As a result of #4, snakes, spiders and scorpions don't freak me out at all.
6. Eels do. Scariest animals on the planet.
7. I love to cook, but I hate cleaning the kitchen.
8. I beat the devil in the original Guitar Hero game, but cannot play a real guitar.
9. I really wanted to be a marine biologist.
10. I hate Caillou. Whiny little turd of a child.
11. I just bought a gallon of paint. This makes me really freaking happy.
11 answers to the questions I was asked
1. Are you a dog, cat or bird person? Why? Oh, easy. Dog person. Mostly because right now I want to send my cat to the moon. I can tolerate jerk-off cat behavior from a nice animal, but I'm pretty sure this one wants to destroy me.
2. Favorite ice cream presentation - hard packed or soft serve? Cake cone or sugar cone? I'm a purist, and I love a good hard packed ice cream. I tend not to be a cone person at all though, and get it in a cup.
3. Favorite time of day - dawn or eventide? Easy. I love, love, love the magic hour when the sun hangs low on the horizon at the end of the day. Everything takes on a warmth and glow that is almost surreal. And sunsets? Don't get me started. Sorry, my photographer is showing.
|Just last night.|
5. What is the most frustrating part of your craft? I'm going to answer this one twice. My craft that most people see is writing, and by far the most frustrating thing is that I refuse to let myself write about the things I really want to most of the time. Lots of self-censoring going on. My other real passion is photography, and I don't have nearly enough time for it.
6. What do you do for exercise? I chase a 4 year old. A lot. I coach a soccer team. Of three and four year olds. So there is that. On the occasions I make it to the gym, I'm holed up in the corner on the rowing machine.
7. What is your favorite personal quality in yourself? I have to give the same answer as #4. I'm authentic. I don't pretend to be someone that I'm not. Never have, never will. Take it or leave it, this is who I am. I've always been pretty comfortable in my own skin, and I think that's pretty special.
8. Is where you are right now in your life where you expected to be? Not in a million years. I was supposed to have a fabulous job in a bioethics think tank in D.C. I was supposed to maybe have two kids by now, and I was supposed to be perfect at balancing everything. Cancer showed up, kids came early, that career got derailed, and I don't live anywhere near D.C.
9. What would you change, if you could, per your answer above? This one is easy. If I would have had any idea how things would play out, I would have dropped out of law school when my husband was diagnosed with cancer.
10. What is the greatest sorrow you have ever experienced? This is one of those things I am going to self-censor. A close second in my life was losing my father to cancer. Watching him weaken and deteriorate but fight like hell. He softened, he loved more, he wanted so badly to beat it. I am grateful for the time I spent with him, and I miss him every day.
11. What is your greatest joy? My babies. They are funny and smart and talented and goofy and the center of my universe. I adore them.
11 Questions for Future Liebsters
1. Why did you begin blogging?
2. Did you always love to write?
3. What is something you are very talented at, but people might be surprised about?
4. What is your favorite season and why?
5. Do you play sports? Which ones?
6. What is your favorite meal to eat?
7. If you could spend an entire day with anyone, who would it be?
8. If your house was on fire, and you had time to grab one thing, what would you take?
9. What was your first car?
10. What is the last book you read?
11. Where is your dream vacation?
11 People I'm Awarding
1. The Black Tiara
2. Abandoning Pretense
3. Spicey Mom
4. Diapers...or Wine?
5. You Know It Happens At Your House Too
7. Suburbia Interrupted
8. Life on Peanut Layne
9. Unconventional Wisdom
10. A W.R.I.T.E.R.M.O.M.
11. Martha Stewart Doesn't Live Here