Sunday, September 30, 2012

It's On

October is 13 hours away.

This makes me happy.

I love Halloween in an unnatural way.

I think it's that it's the one major holiday that we get to ourselves.  There's no emotional baggage.  No expectations of family gatherings.  No obligatory things we feel compelled to do.  Just fun, just for us.

I guess that's probably why Halloween gets bigger and bigger around here every year.  Why the planning for costumes starts happening over a year in advance.

I knew going into it this year that it was going to be entertaining.  I had no idea how much.

In a lot of ways, we copped out this year.  Bought the majority of the costumes this time around.  Still on the hunt for one piece, which is sure to be the funniest of them all.  My husband's costume may just be funnier than the Wizard of Oz year where I forced him to be a flying monkey.


Just remember in a few weeks that this one wasn't my idea.  Not at all.

13 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS! oh! i can't wait to show you some of my halloween stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the Wicked Witch...but that picture isn't nearly as funny. ;)

      Delete
  2. Sometimes you scare me (get it, Halloween, scare. Once again I've written a post on the same subject for tomorrow. Enjoy your sanctioned Halloween, you have an excuse. My kids are teenagers, don't dress up or participate in decorating the house any more. Kind of embarrassing for them and no child-excuses for me, but Mommy just can't seem to grow up this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't grow up. I won't. I won't. I won't.

      Delete
  3. I love Halloween. My daughter is going to be Dorothy. I was going to make my husband be the scarecrow, but this flying monkey idea is hilarious! I can't wait to see what you have cooked up for this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally make him be the flying monkey. It's way more awesome.

      Delete
    2. Though I may have already bought out the world's supply of gold rick rack for this costume...

      Delete
  4. Oh my God - I am peeing myself. Never in a million years would I have thought of that. What a hilarious costume!! And those flying monkeys STILL scare the crap out of me (no offense to your husband).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are terrifying. Unless they are ridiculous. ;)

      Delete
  5. I love this photo! I cant wait to see what you do next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He looks so happy, right?!?! Best part.

      Delete
  6. The suspense is killing me. I can't believe you are going to make us wait a whole month!!

    ReplyDelete

Some of My Most Popular Posts