Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Things That Piss Me Off Tuesday - The resurrection edition

So, I haven't been following my own blogging rules for some time now.  I've neglected my regular weekly obligations, including WTF Wednesday and this one. My bad.

I've been busy.  Honest.  Here goes.

Life's.Not.Fair.

I have a friend laying in a hospital bed being kept alive by machines right now, and it's not fucking fair. (she'd totally disapprove of my language just then, by the way).  Life sucks ass sometimes, often without warning.  Bad things happen to good people.  It's wrong in so many ways that I can't even begin to put it into words.

Cat bastards

It's not just the deep life-altering things that piss me off lately though.  Sometimes it seems like everything does.

Like my cat.  He's an asshole.  Truly.

It's to the point where I call him that now, and he responds.  Mostly by scowling at me in his special way. He hates me, always has.  I'm not sure why, honestly.  I'm a nice person.  I don't beat him or fling him across the room in the middle of the night when he attacks my feet.  I begrudgingly share my space with him, even though I'm completely allergic to everything he is.

He spends literally all day trying to figure out how to escape from the house.  In a normal neighborhood, with a normal cat, that wouldn't be an issue.  But, I have a crazy neighbor, and he's a klutz.  He'd get hurt in a hurry, before the crazy neighbor even got a chance to screw with him.  The cat can't even jump on the couch without falling off.  You know I mock him for this.  So does he.

Consequently, I can't let him out.  And he's pissed.  He's decided to take it out on me, one stealth attack at a time.  Told you he is an asshole.

Political Phone Calls

First of all, if you think a phone call during dinner is going to make me change my vote, you're delusional.

Second, it's freaking July people.  I so do not want to put up with this shit for four more months.


Third, I despise the fact that these annoying phone calls somehow are excluded from the Do Not Call Registry.  What the hell???

Fourth, if you're going to call me, there had damned well better be a live human being on the other end.  I do not take calls from robots.  Especially political robots.

Save your money and pay for some more terribly misleading ads on television, eh?  Ah, the American way.

Helicopter Moms

Before you go getting your panties in a wad, I have to confess that I have my tendencies.  I work very hard to control my obsessive mom instincts.  I get it.  I do.  Having said that, sometimes these ones piss me off.

Like during swimming lessons.  You know, the ones that I paid good money for.  The same amount that they paid for their kid.  Who is 5, not 2.  Get out of the pool, mom.  Seriously.  The class is only 30 minutes long and you are just encouraging your kid to freak out more. Toss him in or pull him out.  Now.

Thanks for wasting ten minutes of time I paid for.
Mommy and me class is over there.  The kid has to learn to sink or swim on his own.  And he will.  Honest.  Now stop being such a damn distraction and let the teacher do what you are paying them for.

Chick fil-A

We live in a world where, for the first time, active duty service members were allowed to wear their dress uniforms in a gay pride parade.  Where more and more states approve gay marriage with each passing year. Where actors and politicians and professional athletes can openly admit their sexual orientation.

And where a place that makes chicken sandwiches can steal the spotlight because their owners don't seem to live in that same world.  Where they donate money from profits to organizations that fight not just against gay marriage, but against gay rights in general.  Openly preach about how righteous they are for being married to their "first wives".


Whatever.  People don't go there to be pontificated to.  They go there because you make a damn tasty sandwich.  This isn't about freedom of speech or freedom of religion.  I respect those 100%.  What I won't do, however, is help fund hate. I love your sandwiches, Chick fil-A, but you will never get another penny of my money again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts