Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Photo Challenge - Day 27

Day 27~

Macro.

This theme is about getting a tight, focused close up shot of something.  Last year, I took a picture of the ring I've been using as the logo for the challenge this year.
 This year, I'm pushing my part of the challenge even further, by taking all my pictures on a camera phone.

Yep, you read that right.  All the images I've taken in this challenge, with the exception of a few older pictures, are done on my phone.

This is the world we live in, and part of the reason I do this challenge is to remind people that beauty is all around us, and that we live in an age where technology exists to capture it well.

Anymore, phones come with cameras capable of different settings, editing options and more.  I decided to try out the macro setting.

This is a picture of a one of the hibiscus plants I took at the Butterfly Pavilion with my little boy this week.

Don't underestimate the ability of the thing you carry at all times to capture images like this.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I was impressed before, but now I'm blown away. It's amazing that technology has come so far in such a short time. That being said, when my old phone broke, I went to Verizon and told them I wanted the "dumbest phone they carried." The guy told me they had two non-smartphone options. Two. That's it. He asked if I preferred flip or slide (because even the non-smart phones nowadays need fancy features), and I went with the slide, because it was smaller. This thing is so non-smart, it doesn't even take video. It's got a 1.3 megapixel camera, hahaha.

    Your pictures are making me want to run out and buy a smartphone...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a blessing and a curse, really. Now that I have it, I can't imagine life without it, but the fact that it literally does everything makes me far less likely to bring my real camera anywhere. I can do a lot with the phone, but nothing compares to my DSLR. I heart my camera.

      I did it this way this year to encourage people to see that good pictures don't require expensive cameras with pricey lenses. :)

      Delete

Some of My Most Popular Posts