Saturday, June 16, 2012

Photo Challenge - Day 17

Day 17~

Fathers.

This weekend such an emotionally charged one for me.  Father's Day just isn't the same anymore once you live in a world that no longer includes the man who taught you to dance standing on his toes.

I thought it would get better, that it would get easier.  I thought that until I walked past the card section at the store a few weeks ago and saw the rows and rows of cards I will never buy again.  It can still stop me in my tracks, this grief.

There have been so many times this past year that I have wanted to call him, tell him everything, ask him what I should do now.  I can't do that anymore.

I hope that I've done a good job here in this life without him to lean on.  I'm trying.

I miss him.

Happy Father's Day, Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts