Saturday, June 2, 2012

My so-called internet life

I have been humbled these past few days.

Almost 100 new people are now following me on Facebook.

I've had messages and comments posted and emails and more, from so many people out there.  People that I have in my life now for one reason alone.

This.

This, right here.

What started out basically as a "if you do this, I'll do that" deal with a friend has morphed into so much more.  For that, I have to thank my friend, Blythe.

As it turns out, one of the women I've connected with the most online lives over a thousand miles away.  She has a local friend, who also happens to be one of my friends in real life.  There is truth to the 6 degrees of separation theory, I assure you.

The mutual friend here asked how the other blogger and I knew each other.  My answer was a simple one, really.  Spend enough time blogging, and you'll get to know tons of other bloggers.

Even if you never meet in person.

It doesn't matter, there is a connection there.  It's hard to describe.

The internet has it's good and bad qualities, for sure.  I've seen some of the bad ones up close and personal.  It also has the power to help us connect with people we never would otherwise.  To share our stories, to reach out to others.  It's also made me realize that there is always someone out there who has been where you are, who knows what you are going through, who gets it.


Today, I choose to be grateful.  For this and for all of you.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts