Wednesday, June 6, 2012

I can't

I can't do it all.

I just can't.

I've tried.  As more and more things have been heaped onto my shoulders, I've realized that good intentions are vital, but they aren't enough.

Sometimes there is just too much, and sometimes you need to say no.

I'm learning to say no.

This year, we are skipping the Relay for Life.  It's a very hard choice for me to make, as this event has been so important in my life for the last two years.


The truth is, though, that I'm just in a different place now.  A lot of things are different.  I've spent just about every ounce of my energy on other causes, other people, other situations.

And there is nothing left to give.

I know in my heart that my father would understand, probably more than anyone else would.  I know that he would tell me that there is nothing wrong with taking a step back.  I am pretty sure that he'd actually be proud of me for doing it.  I need to take care of me right now, and part of that means that I need to stop thinking that I need to do everything for everyone else all the time.

I don't.

And I can't.

Now, it's just up to me to find peace with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts