Wednesday, June 20, 2012

...and I didn't even get the good drugs

Usually I can handle sleep deprivation just fine.  I'm like a seasoned athlete in the world of competitive insomnia.

Usually.

I got a text from a friend last night as I climbed into bed that told me immediately that I wasn't going to sleep anytime soon.  I was getting dressed again and I was sneaking down the stairs in the dark, and I was going somewhere else I needed to be.

Besides, I have my own VIP entrance at the hospital.  True story.

Which is fine.  I'm good that way.

I got back home eventually, put my pajamas back on, gave my husband the quick summary of what was going on and shut my eyes.

That's when the fun started, and I swear I didn't even get any of the good drugs.

I woke myself up talking a few times.  No idea what I was talking about, pretty sure I wasn't talking to anyone.  Tom sort-of acknowledged me once, but he was more asleep than I was and went back to snoring right away.

Then, this morning, my husband woke me up laughing.

Asked me where exactly I had been last night and what I saw.  Wanted to know who I was talking about and if I remembered anything.

I had literally no idea what he was talking about.

Apparently, though, it was me doing the talking.  I went on and on and on about the little people that were coming.  He asked me questions, I gave details.  I insisted that he should know what I was talking about, then assured him that if he didn't, he would soon.
Somehow I don't think these are the little people I was talking about.
Be warned, the little people are coming.  Soon.

Whatever the hell that means.

3 comments:

  1. My husband freaked me out talking about the little people in his sleep! They were micronauts. It was before I knew him for very long, and it made me scared he was on drugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew! At least I'm not the only one....

    ReplyDelete
  3. We represent the Lollipop Guild...

    ReplyDelete

Some of My Most Popular Posts