Sunday, May 20, 2012

Time and Distance

This morning, I am grateful for both time and distance.

Other people in my life should be too right about now.

As much as I try to be even keeled and balanced, to temper my reactions, to give people the benefit of the doubt, when things happen like they did yesterday, I fly off the handle.

I react, purely out of emotion.

I reacted yesterday, and it's best that those who my reactions are aimed at were far, far away at the time, wholly unreachable.

Like, actually off the grid.

They have no idea how lucky they are that they weren't here.

It gave me time to take a step back and evaluate the issues more.  To think through how I am going to approach them.

And, perhaps more than anything else, it gave me time to calm the f*%* down.

Deep breath.

If only life granted us more of these chances, gave us a moment to collect our thoughts and feelings before we were forced to deal with things.

I wish you all peace this Sunday.

I wish it for myself too.

2 comments:

  1. It must be something in the air. Unfortunately my target is never far away...for now...

    ReplyDelete

Some of My Most Popular Posts