Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Things That Piss Me Off Tuesday - Stress

I could write a good long post about all the things chapping my hide today, but I won't.  On the top of that list is something that I have to do this morning that I don't want to do at all.  That I thought was premature to do, that has really done nothing beneficial for me at all, and leaves me feeling like someone kicked me repeatedly while I was down.

Sounds fun, eh?

I'm not a fan, in case you couldn't tell.

What I am going to write about today is how I'm slowly beginning to realize that something has to change.  My body is telling me that this status quo I'm cycling in isn't good for me at all.  Something has to give, and right now, that something seems to be me.

Stress does wonders for the body.

I've been battling my anemia for months now, and can honestly say that it's never been this bad in my entire life.  All the iron pills and steaks in the world aren't making a dent.  I'm always drained.  All the time.  Don't worry about me, I finally got around to making an appointment to see my doctor about it.  I already know what he's going to tell me.

1) That I need to lose weight (regardless of how much I've lost since the last time I've seen him, it's never enough to make him happy).

2) That I need to focus my energies on taking care of myself more (which I will totally get to at some point....yeah, right).

3) That I need to remove stress from my life.

Sure, doc...I'll get right on that.  In other words, STFU.

I saw this picture a few days ago and laughed pretty hard at the accuracy.
It might work.

In the meantime, I'm dealing with the anemia.  And all the other things my body does when I'm stressed.

I don't sleep well.

I have carpal tunnel that is flaring up so bad right now I can hardly type.

My skin allergy issues always get worse when I'm stressed out, and I'm currently broken out from god only knows what on my arms.

I have TMJ that probably is the direct result of clenching my jaw when I'm actually asleep...even in my sleep, I'm a ball of nerves.

Then there is the IBS...oh, that is the most fun.  Haven't had that since I was planning my wedding.  Good times.

I'm a mess.

Clearly.

Unless there is a huge change in my life coming up that I'm not aware of, I doubt that anything is getting better anytime soon.

So if you see me curled up in the fetal position in a corner somewhere, clenching my jaw and rubbing my thumbs together, frantically seeking out a bathroom and scratching the skin off my arms, don't mind me.

Like the doctor always says....it's just stress.

No big deal.

1 comment:

  1. Oh. My. I am so sorry. I feel for you. I can relate as well. Stress...the evil of all evils. Do your best to hang in there! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Some of My Most Popular Posts