Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Things That Piss Me Off Tuesday - Bring your checkbook...

It's May, people.

So you know what that means.

Everyone, and I mean literally every single person in your life right now needs something.  Specifically, they need money.  Don't worry, though. It's only $5.

It's only ever $5.

But everyone needs it.  All at the same time.

This is the time of the year, much like the end of the calendar year, where people like me start to panic about not getting everything done.  Because it's never all done.   There's always some other party or appreciation day or project or something happening.

Coaches gifts and teachers gifts and birthday gifts and field trip fees and class t-shirts and camp fees and fundraisers.

Everyone wants money for something.

Oh, and can you write a check for lunch money too?

It's the time of year when you don't even attempt to leave the house without your checkbook.  It's either that, or you have to start carrying enough ones around in your purse that people think you've taken up a night job.

Because you need one just to pay for all the crap going on in May.


A friend of mine refers to it as the nickel and diming of the parents.  It reaches a critical level this time of year.  I sign so many checks my hand starts to go numb.

Then, in a few weeks, just like that, it will be over.  No one will need checks signed anymore, but the kids will be out for the summer.

And for that reminder, you are welcome.

2 comments:

  1. I know the feeling, but I'm part of the problem, too. Mother's Day is the time when the charity I represent does most of its fundraising, so my hand is out along with everyone else's. It's hard to stand out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand. It seems like May and December are always like this...

      Delete

Some of My Most Popular Posts