Sunday, May 6, 2012

The Headless Chicken

I feel like I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off.  Figuratively, not literally.

Rest assured that my head is still firmly attached to my body.

It could be worse.  I could really be a headless chicken.  Like this guy, Mike.  He lived a good long time after he lost his head.  Really.  I'm not making this up.  
For that nightmare, you are welcome.

There are so many things going on at one time that I occasionally have to force myself to just take a break from it all and gather myself.

It's not going to get any better for a while, either.  The end of the school year is always like this.  The end of scouts, the end of soccer, the end of church, the end of school.  Birthday parties and team parties and school events and choir concerts and plays and more.
 
We took the two younger kids to the park for a picnic yesterday, knowing that it was just a fancy, contrived form of procrastination. Planned chore avoidance.

Today, I have to clean the house so that I can have a birthday party so that the kids can collectively destroy it so that I have to clean the house again.

Why do we do this?

I'm tired just thinking about it.

No wonder I totally skipped out on the chance to do it yesterday.

I didn't even write yesterday.

I'll have time again soon, I hope, for things like that.

I had planned to write a rant about the general unavailability of authentic Mexican food here yesterday.  About how I can make better margaritas, better guacamole, better carne asada, better fajitas than any restaurant around.  About how that is just wrong.  And about how green chile sauce does not need to be slathered on everything.  But I didn't.  I didn't even drink any tequila yesterday, and that's a shame.

Odds are there is no tequila in the cards for me today either.  At least not until later.

I'll need it by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts