Monday, May 14, 2012

The day after

There's an old saying that a mother's work is never done.

It's dead on accurate.

I see the truth in it more and more as I get older.

And I see the truth in it around my house this morning.

Mother's Day is officially over.

The dishes are still here, the laundry still in piles.  The carpet still needs vacuumed and the toilets need scrubbed.

Yesterday was lovely, don't get me wrong.  It was just about the best Mother's Day I've ever had.  But, like most things, the novelty of it wore off after a while, and things returned to normal by the time dinner was done.

Except I was still supposed to be taking a break.  And I did.

I'm just paying for it now.

I think the term Mother's Day is a bit misleading.  It really should be called Mother's Morning.  Or Mother's Couple of Hours.  Or Mother is gonna-have-to-clean-up-an-even-bigger-mess-than-normal-tomorrow Day.

Speaking of which, that pile of laundry is taunting me....
The ball is over, princess.  Back to reality.

3 comments:

  1. Tell me about it...mine ended with a sore throat and now I have flu/cold?? Ugh...Goodluck on the never ending pile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are dead on with this post. I've never had a full Mother's Day. I, too, think Mothers Morning would be much more accurate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to see that other people have insane piles of laundry. I'm just trying to get enough done that you can open the bathroom door.

    ReplyDelete

Some of My Most Popular Posts