Monday, April 2, 2012

Winning

I have a reputation to uphold, that's all there is to it.

I pull pranks on people for April Fools Day.  Always have, probably always will.

Just you wait...I will be a crotchety old lady joking around someday.

I had a serious case of writer's block over the weekend, and just wasn't in the right mindset to write much that was funny or controversial or profound, so I decided to mess with people instead.

The idea didn't come to me until yesterday morning, but when it did...oh, my!

A new blog.  For crazy cat lovers.  I added pictures and links and even wrote a short bio about my cat, George.

I mean, don't get me wrong....I like cats well enough.  I have had one most of my life even though I'm terribly allergic.  And our most recent cat hasn't been launched into space yet, even though he has a pesky habit of ruining my sweaters and escaping from the house.

I like cats.  I don't luuuuuuuuurve them.  I don't want to put them in a basket with little bow ties on a rainbow.  I don't.

I fiddled with the fake blog for a little while, wrote a few posts, then launched it publicly.

http://mycatnamedgeorge.blogspot.com/

Crickets.  For hours.

A few people liked it, but no one commented.

Then I started to worry a little.

Did people think it was real?  Any good April Fool's prank this elaborate has to have a degree of believability to it in order to get people to fall for it, this is true.  But I started to fear that people really thought it was real.

That I'd really write a blog about my cat.

I posted and reposted it, shared it on my personal page even.

No one said anything.  Mwhahaha.

Then, sometime around 9pm last night, I confessed.  It was a joke.

All of a sudden, people came out of the woodwork to laugh.

I am the Queen of April Fools Day.

Me?  Winning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts