Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Things that piss me off Tuesday

Welcome to the first official Things that piss me off Tuesday post.


If you get offended easily, you should just stop reading.  Really.

Speaking of which....people who get offended easily piss me off.  In particular, the ones that seem to be able to dish out sarcasm and satire, but can't seem to understand it when it comes from someone else.  That just bugs me.  For the record, I breathe sarcasm and bleed satire.  Just in case someone out there hasn't figured that out yet.

Special people piss me off too.  The ones who invent parking spaces.  Or pull up in front of stores to load their groceries instead of walking them out to the car like everyone else.  Or cut in line because they have more important things to do than wait their turn patiently.  If they really are that special, I think it should be required that they have it tattooed on their foreheads, just so the rest of us normal people have some warning.

Stupid people piss me off.  The ones who have uninformed, yet copious opinions about politics and religion and anything else.  The ones that seem to think they know better than others and feel it's their place to judge the lives of people they could never understand.  The ones that open their mouths and speak words wholly inappropriate and offensive, but think that if they tack on "just saying" or "no offense", it makes everything okay.

All the people in the world who've judged me lately piss me off too.  The ones who could never possibly understand what I'm going through.  The life I've led for the last year is one that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.  (Truth be told, there might be a few that I'd wish it on, but that is just me being a vindictive bitch right about now).  I've had a lot of people tell me what I should do, or how I should feel, and I'm just really not okay with that.

Allergies piss me off.  I feel like I'm forcing my daughter to be a guinea pig, knowing that this is the life she's destined to lead forever.  I have no one to blame but myself, and I'd give anything for her to not have inherited my moody, sensitive, rash and hive covered reaction prone skin.

Parents that push their kids too hard piss me off.  I'm seeing them more and more these days, as my older daughter is officially playing soccer in a competitive league.  Screaming at the top of your lungs from the sidelines isn't encouragement and support, it's belittling.  When that child of yours suddenly falls out of love with the sport, there's going to be a reason.  Promise.

Incidentally, I wished that I had recorded that ridiculous father.  Every time he screamed, his voice cracked like a 13 year old boy.  Not only did he make an ass out of himself....he made us laugh at him too.

Testing in schools pisses me off.  Nine year old children shouldn't be made to feel like their entire academic career hinges on a freaking test.  Then again, standardized testing is something I have many opinions on, and could write entire posts about.  Or books.

Okay, enough venting for this week.  I have to save some for next time.  ;)

2 comments:

  1. Love this Kelly. I'm am PMSing big time this week, so a lot of things piss me off...to top that list fucking PMS and hormones...they can suck it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. I'm with you on a lot of this. But the fuck off attitude you possess, I'm agreeing with the most right now.

    ReplyDelete

Some of My Most Popular Posts