Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Value of Laughter

In this life of mine, things don't go right very often.

I get really annoyed when people give me the whole God only gives you as much as you can handle crap.

Some people can't handle what they are given, that much is obvious. Anxiety attacks and midlife crises and people hitting bottom can attest to the lack of truth in that statement.

If it is all part of some bizarre test, I'd like to think that by now I've passed.

That I should have earned a break by now.

I gave myself a break last night.  A much needed break.

A few hours to occupy my mind with old music and stories and laughter.  A lot of laughter.

I didn't talk to anyone about any of the things that weigh heavily on my soul.   For at least a little while, they didn't matter.  I talked about the little things that bug the ever loving crap out of me, about jazz hands and spirit fingers, about teaching my kids to stick up for themselves, about cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria.

I think I need to do that more often.

I've got to learn to take myself less seriously again.

I'm hoping I can.

2 comments:

  1. Me too. I need to remember to take myself less seriously. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must have been channeling each other. I wrote about something similar today. We've all got to learn to let go. :)

    ReplyDelete

Some of My Most Popular Posts