Friday, February 17, 2012

Get out of my uterus

Yesterday, Foster Friess, the leader of a pro-Santorum super PAC said this about birth control:

"Back in my days, they used Bayer aspirins for contraceptives.  Gals put it between their knees and it wasn't that costly."

He said this in the year 2012.

I'm not writing this post to get into my opinions on super PACs, or about Santorum, or about politics in general.  I'd venture a guess that most of my readers probably already have a fairly good idea about where I stand on those subjects already.

What I'm writing this for is to point out the fact that men like this one have entirely too much power and influence in this country.

What I'm writing this for is to point out the obvious lack of female input on the discussions held in Washington, DC, yesterday.
Since when are men, two of which are supposed
to be celibate, the "experts" on a woman's body?
What I'm writing this for is to warn you all that there is a dangerous backwards slide in the thinking here.  The thinking that decisions about the lives of women can and should be made by men alone is alive and well.

Men like Mr. Friess, who think that it's okay to pat women like Andrea Mitchell on the head and condescend to us about our bodies, would like to make this choice for you.  These men want to put all the onus on us to just keep our chastity and be the good girls and say no to sex at any time we might happen to get pregnant. These men want to dictate the availability of your birth control.

Aspirin doesn't prevent pregnancy.  And jokingly trying to act like it does only made him look like an asshole stuck in the wrong decade.

Backwards thinking rich men who want to buy their way into power and control of this nation, I say this to you:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts