Wednesday, January 11, 2012

30 Days of Random Questions, Day 8

Day 8: If you could be an animal, what would you be?

Chalk this one up to reading I wish I had Duck Feet too many times with the kids.

It seems like whenever I see a question like this one, half the people answer with some kind of bird.  Which is great if you like birds. Personally, I think they are creepy.

A lot of people also claim they would be a cat....but to be honest, I have no interest in licking my own butt to stay clean. At all. Gross.

Being a dog would be fine, assuming you lived with a family that held to a regular schedule and paid enough attention to you. I mean, really, what dog have you ever met that wasn't always little too glad you came home? My dog even learned to excitedly say Hiiiiiii to me. I swear they think it's a miracle every single time we come back. I couldn't live my life feeling that much abandonment and separation anxiety all the time.  

I don't want to be a fish. Too afraid of drowning, though I suppose I'd have to get over that eventually.

I think I'd want to be some kind of ocean mammal, but not a whale. Who wants to voluntarily be a whale? Maybe a dolphin....or a sea otter. Sea otters are adorably cute, which suits me.  ;)


They always look so damn happy, right up until the shark pokes his hungry head from the depths of the sea and eats them.

Okay, so I'll be a sea otter in a protected, shark free area somewhere.  And it has to be far away from humans, because they just annoy the crap out of animals.  When we lived in San Diego, they actually had to enact ordinances to keep stupid humans away from the animals.  Yeah, your picture opportunity is way more important than the life cycle of a wild animal.

Humans.  Sheesh.

3 comments:

  1. I'd like to be a moose. They're cute, huge, and well...nobody f's with a moose. A deer will die if you total your car into it but a moose...a moose would probably just poop on your totaled car and laugh while walking away. And if this doesn't just fit me right..." moose are solitary animals and do not form herds. Although generally slow-moving and sedentary, moose can become aggressive and move surprisingly fast if angered or startled." (and they don't lick their butts) Yep. I'd want to be a moose. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've made a compelling argument, eh?

    ReplyDelete

Some of My Most Popular Posts