Tuesday, January 31, 2012

30 Days of Random Questions, Day 26

Day 26: Mayo or Miracle Whip?

You'd think that this is a simple, easy question. That it's not one filled with history and emotion and meaning like the last few have been.

You'd think that only if you've never been subjected to this persistent debate. Or been tricked into eating the one you aren't accustomed to by mean people.

I, on the other hand, have.

Mayonnaise falls into the category of things I like as long as I don't think about what goes into them. Like hot dogs. I love me a grilled hot dog in the summertime, just don't start telling me what it's made of. I buy the all-beef ones because it makes me feel better about it. At least it's only those parts from one kind of animal, right?

So, me and mayo get along just fine as long as there is no label reading involved.

Miracle Whip, however, is gross.

I have no idea who thought that was a good idea, truth be told.

I have friends who eat it, whatever it is, but won't touch mayo. Or who rationalize that ranch dressing (and it's requisite MSG) is okay, but mayo is nasty. I don't pretend to understand it.

We went to Costco this weekend, and my dear husband jokingly grabbed the gallon size jug of Miracle Whip. You know I gave him the look that says this:

You'd better put that back if you know what's good for you.

So, which is it? Don't worry, I'm not judging.

Unless you like Miracle Whip, that is. Then, I'm totally going to wonder what the hell is wrong with you.

1 comment:

  1. My mom is a Miracle Whip person, my dad likes mayo. So I grew up with both. And honestly, I'm not a huge fan of either, but I will eat either one.

    ReplyDelete

Some of My Most Popular Posts