Monday, January 30, 2012

30 Days of Random Questions, Day 25

Day 25: Do you really learn from your mistakes or are you destined to repeat them?

I've made a few really bad choices in my life, and I want to believe that I've learned from them. That I've made the changes necessary to ensure that I don't do it again.

Sometimes it took a while for me to learn, and I had to make the same mistakes over a few times before I got it.

Some of those changes have been very difficult for me, but I've powered through it because I had to.

There are more than a few people I know, though, that just never see the patterns.  That seem doomed to repeat and repeat and repeat the poor choices, never truly owning their responsibility for them or the consequences of them. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different result every time. Change doesn't just magically happen one day when you've done nothing to make it.

And there are those still, who've been the repeaters time and again.  Who want to change.  Who say they want to.

I'm just at a place in my life where I have to keep believing that people are capable of change, even knowing that some of them never will.

Serenity, now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts