Sunday, January 29, 2012

30 Days of Random Questions, Day 24

Day 24:  How many of your friends would you trust with your life?

This is one of those questions that I don't really intend to find a numerical answer for myself, but one that I think needs to be asked.


I'm at a point in my life where I would have thought I'd be done learning certain lessons. Where I would have figured things out more.

Then life reminds me that I don't know nearly as much as I think I do.

I've learned a lot in this past year. About who I can trust, but more so about who I can't.

You think that someone is loyal and honest, you think that they feel the same way about you as you do about them, you think that they will be there for you when you need them.

And then you are lied to, deceived. You find out that they don't feel the way you thought, and that your significance in their life is vastly different than you believed it to be. You don't really matter. You are expendable. Disposable. Temporary.

How many people can you really trust?

I guarantee it's a much smaller list than you'd wish it to be, and I guarantee that some of those who made the list probably don't deserve to be there.

They just haven't been tested yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts