Wednesday, January 4, 2012

30 Days of Random Questions, Day 1

It must be the time of year, or at least that is my best guess.

Every so often, I check my site traffic.  I'm always amused to see what search terms bring people here.  Lately, there are a lot of views to my 30 day challenges.

The reflections on the past, the planning for the future, the promises people make to themselves when a new year begins, all that.  The 30 day challenges for many people are a way to get them in the habit of writing daily.

It appears that I've never really needed such a kick in the ass.  I've got way too much to say most of the time.

I've done three blogging challenges now.

30 Days of Truth
30 Days of Music
30 Days of Photography

At some point, I need to go back and make every day in each of them live links, but I haven't done it yet.

I was thinking about it though, about how different my answer to so many of those questions would be now.  I'm in a very different place in my life now, even than I was a few months ago.  Seems like I never know who I'm going to be tomorrow anymore, like there is always another life changing event waiting for the next rotation of the Earth.

I'm not sure I'd enjoy doing them right now, to be honest.  Mostly because I wouldn't be honest with you all, I'd probably not be very honest with myself either.  Too many things in my life haven't gone the way they were supposed to as of late.

Instead of writing anything deeply reflective, I think I'll do a random daily question instead.

I can't promise that I will answer all of them, but I hope that you will.

And, for the record, I'm totally just making this up.

Day 1: What was your first car?

Mine was a 1981 Chrysler Imperial.  Virtual land yacht.  My grandmother's best friend left it to me when he died, and in my eyes it was the most awesome car ever.  It had, quite possibly, the largest hood ever manufactured, which I had to lift every time I needed to start the car.  There was a kill switch under there that my Dad had installed when the mechanic couldn't find the source of the electrical short that persistently drained the battery.  It had primer spots everywhere, and the interior leather was destroyed.  The tint was peeling off the windows and it had a distinct old man odor. I learned, by necessity, how to parallel park anything.

1 comment:

  1. Still haven't had my first car. Funny how my life has been. So much of it I didn't need a car or had one at my disposal that was not mine but for my use.

    ReplyDelete

Some of My Most Popular Posts